Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Pranking...Oh What Fun!

So now that I have finished looking at all the updated blogs, or the ones with the lack thereof (Ryan, Eric, and Bree), I need to update mine. So my roommies and I have been planning on pranking our FHE bros for a while now and we finally did it last week. We first tried it on Tuesday morning at 3, but their light were on, so we decided to do it another night. Saturday was coming around the corner, so we decided to wake up at about 4 and get the job done. With a new ladder in hand, along with some string and window paint, my roommies, Michelle and Amanda and I went to work. Amanda and I blacked (blue and redded) out their window while Michelle was working on the door. What was supposed to happen with the string and the door(s) was that when Michelle tied the sting to our bros doorknob, she strung it over across to the other apt. doorknob. So when they would have tried and opened the door, it would have just jerked and not opened. Happened to be that when one of our bros opened the door, the sting just fell on the ground. The theory behind this one is that the other apt. opened the door first. Dang it! For their reaction: they thought that it was pretty funny. No hard feelings. Michelle and I even went over to their pad and played Guitar Hero II for about 2 hours. I love this game! (View This is My Life photos for a better visual.)

So the war has begun. They came over to our place on Sunday for some delicious brownies and ice cream and a friendly game of Curses (we all needed to play this game, it's prolly the funniest game ever) and in the mean time they told us that they were gunna get us back. Of course, that is how pranks work. So we have no clue what they are going to do. They said that it will be at the most inconvenient time and that we would hate them for doing it, so we'll see what's up. So while we're waiting for them to do that, we have a few tricks up our sleeves. One that isn't that big, but is still funny, is that the next time we go over there (hopefully this week,) one of us is gunna ask to use their bathroom. Then they're gunna put a brownie (left over from Sunday) in the toilet tank after the toilet is flushed. So this way, when the toilet is flushed again, all this brown crap will come out to refill the bowl!! Simple, but genius. I wonder how long it will take them to figure out what;s up. Another one is the classic black plastic over the door with packing peanuts inside. So when they open the door, all the peanuts will go flying at them. Have any ideas? Not to bad of ones though. ex. trash can tipped on door full of water. I'll keep you updated.

40 comments:

-KJ said...

YES I do have an idea. This should actually work out really well for you considering I got my materials at Porters (in good ol' Rexburg)! They used to sell these exahaust plugs (you know, that you stick in the muffler). I got a few of them one year not knowing when or who I would use them on. Anyway, we had a group of 5 guys we used to hang out with and they all had cars! We woke up early one Sunday morning and put them in all of their mufflers. By the time they got to church they were all freaking out and pissed off because something was wrong with their cars and would prolly cost alot to fix. It was even funnier when they tried to me macho and take some girls home and their cars were screaming down the road!!! We were crying we were laughing so hard. They figured it out, said it was a great prank, tried to get us back. . .and failed! Try it out if they have cars.

Ashley O said...

when you said "Have any ideas?" I actually thought of the garbage can/H2O trick...i want to play!!!

oh and that trick KJ played...I would have pee'd my pants from laughing so hard! silly 'macho' boiz!!!

Lyd said...

I think that we are gunna use that one!!! We just need to wait for them to get us back...or not if it is too long! It will be awesome. At least 3 of them have cars! I'll give you a call asking for more info!

Number Mouth said...

You should cut their phone lines and stab their tires and put tacks in their carpet and buy 25 cows and put them in their bedrooms. That would be high-LARIOUS!

Lyd said...

Good one, I think that I will try that one instead on KJ's!

liufamily said...

There is always cals famous Yellow submarine prank. He made a tape of noises and hid speakers in the girls dorm. It played for most of the night. They could hear the girls freakin out. then at the end the yellow sub song played, then they threw his speakers out the window of the second floor. You could definatly tweek it!!!

Brock Nelson said...

I'm not kidding! Some lame guy did that thing to my car back in the day! The freakin guy never told me that's what the noise was. I went so far as to taking it to the shop. The mechanics looked at it for hours frustrated to death. Then they found the blasted thing in my muffler. I was sooo mad. I didn't like the kid so that just made it worse. I pretty much had to kill him.
-Veronica

Lyd said...

I'm bought on the idea! I think that the guys will freak, but it will be funny as crap. They love us too much to freak out too much.

Lyd said...

I take it back. Three of the guys will think it is funn when they find out, but the other one will still be pissed as crap. He always trys and acts cool...you know, the ones that are WAY to into their looks. He doesn't even know our names and we have known him for 3 freakin' months. So it's worth doing just for him!

Sarah said...

I wish I could remember more of the pranks of my college days. I do remember getting the garbage bag full of packing peanuts done to us...well, actually I was sleeping, but when my roommate opened the door she screamed so loud I thought we were all gonna be murdered. Ahhh...college...the precipice of maturity! I miss it.

Lyd said...

And that is exactly why I am trying to make the best of it. Pranks just make it that much more fun. I love it up here.

Cortney said...

Some friends of mine one time wanted to play a prank on on of their guy friends. So they made a flyer with a picture of his car on it and posted it for only like $30. They said on the flyer that it was an emergency and must sell. They posted it up on the BYU board. So he kept getting a million calls asking about selling his car. He had no idea what was going on. He was so pissed but it was hilarious!

Lyd said...

OH MY FREAK CORTNEY!!!! That one is freakin' awesome! I'm doing it tonight! Thanks! He's gunna be so pissed!

Cortney said...

Ok I have another idea. I got all my roommates thinking about this one. The first idea is go to the store and there is some stuff that you can get that you put on babies gums when they are teething. It numbs there gums. You put it on all their tooth brushes. My roommate did it to some guys and she said they were freaking out.

Cortney said...

The other idea is not that mean but it still is kind of funny. When their not at home go over and remove all the light bulbs in their house. Ha Ha! Hopefully they keep flashlights in the house.

Lyd said...

Dang it. I wish that there was a way that we could get to their bathroom! We can find a way! Now we just need to find out their schedule so that we can do the lightbulb thing! You're freakin' awesome. Keep em' comin' if you can think of any more. The more the marrier!

-KJ said...

If they live on the third floor just put a trip wire at the top of the stairs and watch them fall down three flights of stairs! Hilarious! Wait. . .

Lyd said...

No, they live in a townhouse and their bathrooms and bedrooms are all upstairs, so there is no way that we can get up there without them knowing. But that would be funny...but cruel.

Ashley O said...

once i switched people's license plates but that's a lil scary!!! it was michelle albright and her fiancee's but still it was funny!!!

i also put vaseline on people's apartment door handles and car handles....sick but funny to try and see them get inside!!! wah wah wah!

Lyd said...

I was thinking about doing saran wrap tonight, so whenever we do it we'll do your little addition to make it that much better!!! They'll just love us!

Ashley O said...

anything with saran wrap is awesome!

Eliza said...

what about the popcorn door trick? OR is that just way too old skool Cause I did graduate 10 years ago from COLLEGE!!!!!!!!!! what the crap is that!

Lyd said...

What's the popcorn door trick!? Let me know! Let me know!

-KJ said...

Oh, I remember one Eric did at Ricks. They taped a balloon that had flour in it to a straw. Then they shoved it under someone's door. They blew it up until it popped. Flour everywhere. He said it was hilarious because the people inside were like, "What the freak is going on!" Then it exploded and then they got it!

Eliza said...

you need newspaper and duct tape and lots of popcorn. You cover the outside of the doorjam with the paper and leave the top open...then dump popcorn between the paper and the door (fill it up all the way). When they open their front door...hello popcorn.

Lyd said...

I've heard of that one but it's with packing peanuts! I love it. So this means that you're not behind in the pranks Liza. That will be a forever classic.

Ashley O said...

that's like the packing peanut one but better!!! because even though they may get upset at the mess, they have a snack to eat while they laugh/get angry over it!!!

yay

-KJ said...

Yes, and popcorn is much easier to come by. Oh, I have a tasty carmel popcorn recipe. I am going to post it!

Lyd said...

My thoughts exactly! Oh, and Kissy, I'm gunna do that prank to Michelle (the shower one.) For an addition, one of my FHE bros does that yell that rockers do, so I'm gunna tape him yelling, "Michelle!" So then I'll whip open the curtain and press play while she's takin' a pee!! hahaha I've got all the other roommies in on it, so she'll never know!

Lyd said...

Yipee!! I'll make some for conference this weekend!

Brock Nelson said...

Sneek into the bathroom, you're a girl so that should be no prob. Take off the toilet lid and look inside at the inner workings of the magical toilet, you'll find a rubber tube near the top that shoots water down a 1 inch piece of pipe, pull that tube out of the pipe and set it down so that when you put the lid back on it pinches the tube to the side of the toilet and is aimed at the unsuspecting victim. The tube has to be aimed around the toilet seat while it's up because we men have adapted to pee while standing. Then the greatest thing will happen when someone flushes that toilet, it will get revenge for all those times its been pee'd on and pee back all over someone, the best part is it won't stop!! call me if you need more details - brock

Lyd said...

Oh my gosh Brock! You are a freakin' genius! I'll use this one on some guys that annoy me next year. These FHE bros are too cool for that (with the exception of one.) Amazing.

-KJ said...

Maybe you should tell the cool guys to do it to the WAY too cool guy. That would be funny. I bet you could get them to all go in on it.

Ashley O said...

where have you people been all my life!!!? keep 'em comin'!

Eliza said...

k...i'm only giving you one more day!

Lyd said...

Good because I get home tomorrow and I'll have no more projects for 5-6 months!!! Freedom!

-KJ said...

It is tomorrow and still nothing. Loser. I'm gonna let you have it when I see you at Mom's.

Lyd said...

OK...so I had a final project due today, I started on it at 5:30 in the morning after sleeping just an hour and a half because of clean checks (and the project was assigned at the beginning of March...my bad (and I know that I am gunna get an F on it because the color rendering sucked ace (don't tell mom or dad about that)), I had to be a shuttle for my roommies for about and hour or so, finish my projects and turn them in by five, I had to pack everything in my car, eat, and then leave. After driving for four hours, almost getting jacked by a van with no windows, having my first Slurpee ruined (new blog entry), and getting home after midnight, I think that I have a freakin' amazing excuse for the lack of a new blog. So shut your face.

Ashley O said...

whoa...someone needs some sleep!!!

Lyd said...

Luckily I got to sleep in until 10:30. Not bad considering that I thought that I was gunna get up earlier.