Saturday, March 3, 2007

There's Always that One Person!

Why must there always be that one person that annoys the crap out of you during a performance or while watching a movie?! Maybe it's my OCD or something, but when I hear, feel, or see that person, that is all I can think about. An example would be, lets use last night. I went to Extravadance, an folk dance type of thing, and there was this one girl sitting behind me being as annoying as crap. She would clap at every little thing, even if it wasn't impressive, lets say a couple fast shuffles or two chaîné turns in a row. The she would also add in a little, "whooo", but it was only loud enough for four rows on either side of her to hear, useless. Another good one is the "nervous leg." You know the one, when the leg keeps goin' up and down while the person is sitting. Now this one sucks because it moves everything, your seat, well actually, the whole freakin' row or bench. Nothing can be done about this unless you have the nerve to tell that person to stop. Lets see, I have hearing and feeling done, so lets add in a seeing. One of my roommates has a tendency to bounce her legs up and down when they are crossed. No, it's not just that leg that is crossed, but it is also the one that is supporting that leg, so now it is double time bouncy! My problem, as said before, is that I can't stop paying attention to it, so I either have to turn my head so that I can't see it anymore, or I have to cover my line of sight with my hand so that it is dismissed. There is a problem here and it needs to be fixed. I just say a little love punch in the gut would do the job! What are your experiences, or is it just me that is the complete psycho!

9 comments:

Eliza said...

NO...it is not just you. I am the same way. We were at my mom's play and there was a girl opening up 50 bags of skittles (that is what it sounded like). Then I gave the big eyeball look at my dad who was sitting on the other side of curtis (so me, curtis, my dad). Then curtis looked at my dad and said What and then my dad turned his head and shushed and Curtis (until the end of the show) thought my dad was telling him to shush. HAH! I also hate chip crunching and Ice too. Learned that from my mom.

Lyd said...

Hahaha! What did Curtis think?! I'm glad that I'm not the only one!

Mandy said...

I am the same way! Things like that drive me crazy and I used to just keep quite about it, but now if someone is bothering me or being a disruption I usually say something, either really loud to no one in particular but so they hear, or if its really bad then right to their face.

Lyd said...

That's freakin' awesome! I'm getting a little better at that. There was this guy that kept pulling or touching my hair at a concert and so I gave him my thoughts the next time he did it.

Little E said...

I know what yall mean, these dang terrorists keep anoying me by blowing up stuff and causing terror and junk. So I was like "I'll just ignore it." But then they kept doing it so I was going to go blow the crap out of them but then George Bush declaired war on them and has been blowing the crap out of them ever since. Maybe someday they'll learn to chill out and let the rest of us just enjoy our movie.

-KJ said...

I get crazy bugged too! Butcept I love to crunch ice, sorry Eliza! Try paying good money for concert tickets and having some gianormous girl next to you cry and reach out her hand to every song!!! I was going to kill!

Lyd said...

I think that I would have to punch her in the face! And I second the ice chewing!

Chelsea Nelson said...

I third the ice crunching...sorry Eliza. Lyd I love you! Its like you read my mind and wrote it in a blog for the world to see! There is ALWAYS atleast one person, somewhere in public who is being exceptionally loud or annoying. Oh, and Eric, I totally feel the same way about the terrorists and the blowing up.

Eliza said...

Oh I didn't say that I couldn't crunch the ice....I just hate hearing others (Curtis) crunch his Ice. I am all about the chip and ice crunch mah self.