Ok, so I'm not going to give you 152 insights into my soul, but we'll see how close we can get. Today, I was thinking of many-a random things, like usual, so I thought I would unlock my proverbial door, and welcome you into a little one-on-one time with my thoughts, emotions, and comments said aloud.* I hope you enjoy:
1.) Why are restrooms called restrooms? I get bathrooms; a room for bathing. But restroom? Is there really any resting going on? Well, to a certain extent, but not really. Now, if there was a toilet where you could lay down, then maybe I would consider the name, but seeing how that could get messy, let's not.
2.) I swear, Utah drivers. What do you think that giant lane is to the far right of the road?! Yes, you have your blinker on, there are no cyclists in site, so use it!! It's called a turning lane my friend. That's where you go when you want to turn and let driver pass. Thanks.
3.) Some would think that getting an MRI is scary, not me!! I actually look forward to them! I actually have a tenancy to fall asleep! Believe or not!
4.) While the MRI is going, I like to think of tap/clogging steps. Or Nintendo games (some of the sounds sound like old school Nintendo.) Here's a little sample for you if you don't know what a MRI sounds like:
And yes, I can sleep though that, partially.
5.) "Lydia, we're going to use the contrast [a contrast is a liquid injected though an IV to allow tissues to be seen easier, just to clear any possible confusion to you, my reader] now, so you may feel a cold stream go up your arm." - Uh, nothing. Nope, wait, there is it. It's more like icy-hot! And now it's traveling to my brain. And now my mouth feels swollen and I'm tasting metal. Delicious. (possibly falls asleep)
6.) What should I put as my Facebook status...
7.) I have the greatest family EeeeVER!!! (to be sung with vibrato) (extended family is included, of course!!)

8.) (While examining my new, fabulous, purple sunglasses) Ah yes, these are "Hand Polished," very spiffy! Wait, what is that?!?! HAHAHAHA Is that a swastika?! Yes, indeed, I have 2 small etched swastikas on my glasses. Very classy. Ah well!
9.) Haircuts really do change a person. It's like a whole new life. Really, it is! When I cut my hair 14" or so last summer, I could really tell a change in my personality. I think this is where I became the "real" Lydia. I was becoming my long-lost-self-confident person. I think it was because of the continuous compliments. And the same goes for this cut. Not that drastic of a change, but now even strangers are commenting on my hair. *Quick story! While at the LA Fashion District, there was a man standing outside a shop and I almost bumped into him. Anyway, we were both facing each other and we both stood there for a second looking at one another. So I smiled at him before I was about to walk away and he said, "I REALLY like your hair!! It's styled very nicely!" Awww! How nice!! And then today while I was getting some new shoes, as I was putting my shoes away, this girl walked by and told me how much she loved my hair! YAY for an awesome haircut! My sister's the best! :D ANYWAY, with this fabulous new haircut, I feel like I can pull off a new fashion and I have a renewed boost of confidence. :) If you're looking into getting a haircut, I suggest it.

10.) What can I say to Kim [my manager] to annoy her?
11.) Kim: Who are you going to annoy when you leave and go to school?! Me: That's what my roommates are for! Actually, they're probably a little more tolerant than you are.
12.) I told Kim I was excited to go to the Jim Brickman and David Archuleta concerts while up at school , and this was her response: "Just when I think you can't get any worse...(raises hands to face and does Spirit Fingers) there you are!" hahaha Made me laugh.
13.) Piew, piew, piew. (Making that sound with my mouth to the beat of the music.) Kim peers over at me, "You're so weird." "I know."
14.) My manager and fellow employee talking about me because I said to Kim, "You're the last person I'm afraid of!" (Other employees, well, pretty much all of them, have been or are afraid of Kim: Kim: "You would think because she's shy and quiet, or was, she would be petrified of me!" Roy: "What ever! She's the loudest person I know!" Me: laughing
15.) I have zero shame talking to myself. Even while walking though the mall and randomly saying "What the what?!?!" to no one but me, it doesn't give me a second thought. And the same goes for laughing out loud.
16.) (While sitting at the front desk (I've thought this multiple times.)) I wonder if that camera actually works. If so, then they've caught me dancing in my seat and clogging many-a-million times.
17.) I'm glad I can be in a work environment where I can be my ridiculous self, make people laugh everyday, be able to "talk back" to my manager (jokingly) and still make her not think I've completely lost it, have the most amazing boss ever, and be able to feel like I'm much appreciated.
18.) It's funny how I equate a perfect day outside: sunny, but semi-cloudy, a little warm, with a slight breeze, as "Disneyland weather."

19.) Wow, I'm SO ridiculous!
20.) It's going to be really depressing when I'm done with school and I have to say "Bye" to all my amazing friends. Sad. Good thing I still have 2 years left!
21.) I love it when songs give me goose bumps.
22.) I love it how little girls have to build up enough courage to ask me a simple question like: Do you have any drinks? when they were earlier told to ask me if they wanted one. Makes me giggle because that's how I use to be! Why?! People are usually nice, so there is no need to be afraid! haha
23.) Michelle Pray has the world's best laugh. I think she needs an award.

24.) What if at the age of 3, little kid's vocal cords stopped developing so they would have little high pitched voices for the rest of their life. I'm sure we would all go mad if that happened to my niece Olivia. Nails on a chalkboard after an hour...or less of hearing her voice.

25.) Watermelon flavored cookies, believe it or not, are actually pretty tasty!
26.) I love having a windshield that is so clean it looks like it's not there.
27.) Starting random conversations with people I don't know usually make for good conversations! If only I had more time waiting in lines and stuff.
28.) Tang and Sunny Delight. Who even came up with those names?!
29.) It's amazing how one single person can make such a HUGE impact on someone's life. I love seeing positive changes in people's and my own life from such amazing people. I hope I can be an inspiring person like that.
30.) I love that I'm a member of the only true church and that we receive constant revelation from a modern day prophet with apostles at his side.
31.) I'm SO excited for school to start!!!!!
32.) When did I start singing to my cats? And in Spanglish? And with weird sounds? I'm weird.
33.) If you decide to swallow a goldfish cracker whole, know that it will probably get lodged in your throat. Then continue "down stream" and get stuck in other such places til it gets to your stomach...even with the help of water.
34.) If I call someone "precious" it means I truly think highly of them. I've heard people say to me that they've not really heard of someone calling another person precious, but to me, it's much better then just being liked. It's right there with loving someone, but still in a different category. It's hard to explain without going into detail.
35.) I love the feeling when I get super motivated. It's like a rush of excitement with a shot of determination and willingness, a shake of positivity, and then, hopefully a great ending result.
36.) (After singing "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah" in a deep vibratoed voice) haha "Wow, I'm FANCY!!"
37.) (While getting my new sparkly orange glitter toes (thanks Roy!!!)) "Oh my gosh! I think it would be awesome if a guy got glitter toes!!" haha Any takers?! I'll pay for them!
38.) It's amazing how relaxing sticking your arm out the window while driving can be. I need to do this more often.
39.) I hate it when my computer does a virus check every hour, or less. Slows everything down!! Makes me want to punch my computer. I need to get this fixed before I go up to school.
40.) I need to find some yellow or purple heals. Like now. Peace out.
Well, I think 40 is enough. I think you can see that I have very random thoughts going through my head. It makes life that much more exciting for myself. And now you know a little more about yours truly.
*The thoughts, emotions, and comments may not be quoted perfectly. Embellishments may have been added for the enjoyment of the reader.






13 comments:
3 things...
1) In europe they are called toilets, if you ask for a restroom they will laugh and point at you.
2) The hair cut looks awesome!
3) I think that song you picked out made the post!
ha ha Lydia I love you, that was so funny. I didn't want the numbers to end. I just love your hair cut too. It is so so cute. I totally talk to myself too... no big deal! And I definitely know "Disneyland" weather! It is the best!
i love you.
can we be roommates one day? just for once in our lives?
Love the haircut Lyd!! You're so beautiful :)
A few things...
1. I too, LOVE your hair!
2. My siser has those same glasses as that girl in that picture, and I love them. In fact, I told Tacy that those were the glasses I was going to get the next time I got glasses and a week or so later, she came home from the eye doctor with those frames. What a skank.
3. I had some watermelon flavored cookies the other day, and they weren't too bad, you're right!
HA!! You are way funny and random. I was laughing so hard that your sunglasses had swastikas on them! What?? Also, I love this new style that you're getting, kinda like 50s a little bit...love. I think I need to try some watermelon cookies.
poor katy probably doesn't realize that michelle was my roommate and that the glasses in the picture ARE mine. and let me correct her, it wasn't a week or so later i came home with the same glasses it was like a year later so they were fair game!
i liked the insights into your souL!! i'll have to post one of these sometime...if I even can
Aubs, YES!! We must be roommates somehow!!
I love the Katy story. I glad you cleared that up Tacy, even with extra insight! haha
I like the new style too!! It's fun and colorful! Very "easy going" but stylish! :D
Lyddie poo...I freakin LOVE you! You are amaZAzing! Fo reals! Just wanted to tell joo that I love your weirdness and your sassyness! And I three LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair!!
Lydia, you are awesome! Haha, some of these things remind me of myself, actually! And, like everyone else has rightly noted, your hair is amazing!!! I love it :) And no fair that you get to go back to Rexburg...I seriously am jealous!
Thanks girlies! :D
Jenny!! You should have done the fast grad!! hahaa You should come up and visit sometime before it gets too cold to even want to go outside!
I must tell you that I watched that MRI video and busted out laughing. When I have had MRI's I start making beats and thinking I am a rapper. Then your story about the contrast was exactly what happened to me. Funny story, I had to get an MRI before I came home from my mission and the nurse was like, "come ahead and follow me." Brother Ashton and Joel were no help as I looked at them pleading because she was a girl. Enough of my story.
HAHAHA Nice story Hansel. (A song from Zoolanding just turned on after I wrote that comment. How appropriate.) I can totally see your face as you were being led away by girl. ha Actually, the first MRI I got there was a sister missionary waiting as her comp was getting an MRI, but I'm sure she didn't have to worry, seeing as most nurses are actual female. Anyway..... Um, I love that you bust out beats and think you're a rapper! I'd like to know what other people think of when then get MRI's. I think it would be very interesting.
Post a Comment