Monday, September 7, 2009

The End Is A New Beginning

Please go to my music and go to song number 184, Green Onions.

If you are good with your movies and I'm assuming most of you are, you SHOULD know what fabulous movie this song comes from, it not, it's a same. To me, this song denotes summertime. Seeing as today, Labor Day, is the last unofficial day of summer, I needed to use that song.

Anyway. How sad is it that I'm stuck inside doing research for my Interior Design project?? Very. Otherwise I would be with my parents, bro, and sister-in-law looking at beautiful homes in Park City. A great opportunity for me to see some beautiful designing, but alas, this dreaded work is holding me back. (Procrastination...um, it's my summer break and I'm sure Interior Design students are the only people at BYU-I that is given huge work loads over the summer. Sheesh. Soooo...I'm not counting this as procrastination...that much anyway. Dang it. But can you blame me?!) Although I'm about 90% sure all the homes are decorated in a traditional style, I'm in the mood for some contemporary. Seeing as how the home I'm designing is EXTREMELY contemporary/minimalistic, I doubt any of these homes would bring me any inspiration. This is downside to Utah; they have their traditional ways and are afraid to branch out and get a little more chic in their style. You'll find the occasional "rebel," but that's about it. I digress.

So, I must be back to work. A little break was needed. I hope you're enjoying your vacay!! I will be here, sitting at my kitchen counter, and then in Rexburg tomorrow, still doing research, lots and lots of research.

________________________

*Update*
Well, my 90% "sureness" failed me. Turns out there were a few really nice contemporary homes. Dang. I should have known. Park City is a little more progressive than the rest of the state. Fooie. This shaunt happen again. What's done is done.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

LYD!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!! Annie has been talking non-stop about her Aunt Lydia coming to town :)

Bree :--) said...

Sad that you missed the Park City parade of homes!! I think it's way, way dumb that you have homework over the summer. Oh well, what can ya do? When does school start for you? I wish you lived down here with us so we could hang out all the time!:(. Have sooo much fun up at school.

aubrey said...

aw frustrating! good luck with school! i wish i had that talent!

Lyd said...

Aubs! What are you talking about! You have that talent!! You work with beautifying people, while I work with beautifying buildings! :D

And I start tomorrow. YIPES!! I have SO SO SO much to do!!! But I'm already having a blast! Hip hip to that!

tacy said...

I am so glad to be done with homework!! But I must confess...I've never had homework over my vacay...or i'd probably never do it!!
Don't have too much fun in Rexburg without me :(