Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Everyone Likes Suprises...Right?

So for the past week and a half, while I have been reading (Harry Potter and Twilight, which all of you should read if you already haven't) in my bed before I went to bed. And every now and again I would get the nastiest whiff of something. To describe it for you, it was like tuna, burnt hair, and garbage. Anyway, I would tolerate it and then go on with my reading and fall asleep. I would continue to think, "Hmmm, I need to take in my comforter to the dry cleaners because it smells like butt!" (imagine The Thinker or The Stinker) I told my mom that I need to take it to the cleaners, but she doesn't know of a good place to take it. And so the stink just continued to stink.

While I was in my bed on Sunday night, Millie jumped up to get a little brush/pet, and then, she too got that nasty whiff. She helped me find the definite source of the stench, so I, like Millie, stuck my nose and took a good sniff. Commence gagging and coughing! Man that was sooo nasty! So early Monday night, I went upstairs and took off my comforter so that I wouldn't have to smell it any more. (I don't know why this took me so long. Maybe it was because I wasn't thinking about it as much.) Anyway, I took it off and smelt my blanket in that same place to see it if stuck also. And, yes, yes it did. I then ripped off my blanket and thought maybe, just maybe, the reek wouldn't have reached my sheet. And you guess it!!! So I took those off while getting even more pissed off as I went. Forget smelling the mattress cover, so I just took it off. And there it was....a two foot circle (not a joke), almost a quarter of my bed, there lie a bright yellow pee stain!!!! Uhhhhh! Spencer peed my bed while I was at the market in Vegas with Kj, Kevin, and Ryan!



So yes, this ruined my night. I was a little pissed at first, but then I just had to laugh, because, really, it is pretty freakin' hilarious! Anyway, I needed to get that out a.s.a.p. because Kathy, Audrey, Nola, a friend of theirs, and Grandma are coming up this week. So I looked on the Internet to see some ideas and I couldn't find anything good. So here is what I came up with (with a some help from my mom):


Recipe for Getting a Nasty A Pee Stain Out of a Mattress:

1)Take some Oxy-Clean and wipe down the infected pee uria (area)
2)Sprinkle a full box of baking soda on top of the "damn"pened spot

Let sit until the soda absorbs the moistness and the vacuum off with the attachment

3)Spray on Resolve Triple Action stain remover (follow the instructions)
4)Sprinkle not as much baking soda onto not so nasty spot

Let sit until the soda looks like a cracky desert landscape then take the vacuum attachment, suck your face with it for some added fun, then vacuum the mattress

5)Spray with Arm and Hammer Pet Fresh Oder Eliminator


Really, I'm sure that you could just condense it to only use the baking soda once, but this is how I did it (in a series of 2 days) so I could figure out the best result. And truly, it looks like it almost never happened!! You would have to look really close. And it actually smells really nice right now! Not too chemically. I'm sure that it will be gone in the morning. And by the time I get all the sheets and stuff on, it will be great. I still haven't brought the comforter to the dry cleaners because I don't know were a good one is. But hey, I got a new one from IKEA out of it! Really, it can just be use to switch out every once and a while, so it should be great.

There you go! Now you know how to get out pee stains. Have your kid wet the bed so you can give it a try and let me know if it works for you!!

11 comments:

Eliza said...

k now follow the same steps with the vacuum cleaner.

I too just bought me a new comforter from IKEA "Mysa Moln". LOVE IT!!!!!

Cortney said...

Oh man! That is so disguisting yet so funny at the same time. So exactly how many nights did you sleep in a peed stain bed? Ha!

Alli Easley said...

Oh dear. Peepee is horrible. Mike's mattresses smell like cat urine because he used to have a boy kitty who sprayed...so we've scrubbed, and aired out and everything you can imagine, but it won't come out. Grrr.

Also, we have the "Mysa Vind", which I love. All hail IKEA.

Bree :--) said...

I seriously had NO idea that that happened under my freakin watch! What in the world...so must've been the same night he cut his dang hair! Geez, I'm gonna be a great mother some day:(. I'm so sorry I didn't do anything about it, but does make for a funny story now!

-KJ said...

Haha! I knew it HAD to have happened, and I also knew that he had to have hid it from Bree! The first clue was the super nasty wet pee pee jammies shoved in his bag. The second clue was that Bree told me that she washed all their clothes before she packed them! I am sooo sorry that happened, Lyd! I am impressed at your skills. I saw the mattress and it looked as good as new!

Bree, don't feel bad! He will alwasy change his jammies and undies before he comes out in the morning, even if he just "leaked" a little. It probably was the same night as the hair cut. That kid!

Alli, you are right. Boy kitty pee never comes out! Sam peed on one of Kev's nice coats because Kev yelled at him, so Sam got him back. We did everything and it still stinks! We had to give it to DI!

Lyd said...

Liza- I don't get it. And I forgot what my comforter was and I don't know if I love it or not because I haven't slept in my bed yet! That's what happens when you have tons of family in town! :)

Cortney- Yes, it twas very disgusting! And sadly, I slept in the pee bed for 7 stinky nights! I'm retarded!

Alli-You should try out my concoction! It worked pretty good! No harm in trying, I guess. Even though it's boy kitty pee and that crap is freakin' nasty! What ev.

Bree- What ever! I don't care. It was funny as crap! And what are you talking about; you're gunna be an awesome mom!

Kissy- I should write cleaning pee mattresses on my list of skills. I think that a lot of people would think that that was impressive! Don't you! Ah that kid. Funny.

Eliza said...

now you need to clean the vacuum out like you cleaned the mattress so lingering pee won't be with the vacuum. Am I the only one that thought that? I once watched my brother-in-law vacuum up hurl chuncks with his vacuum. I swear everytime they vacuumed the house smelled like vomit! Nastay!

Lyd said...

Good thing that the pump, or what ever you want to call it, is in the Gee-radg!! That is so freakin' nasty! Mostly what I sucked up was baking soda, so really, it wasn't that bad. What ev. I still need to bring in my comforter though. Good thing that I found a good one!

Anonymous said...

i still dont see how you slept in that bed for 7 stinky nights!!! Are you insane? Geez. I need to not talk to you anymore...you and Tiff Parrish cuz she has never played Clue. CRAZIES!!!

jk

So, um...Bree--remember that you wont start motherhood off wih 3 year olds!!! So that's good! and you'll be a wonderful mother!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah...

I know what it's like not sleeping in your own bed when you are home to be home. That's me every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Well, mostly when my room HAD NO BED to begin with! It does now so that's good!

Lyd said...

Really, it would only be an occasional wiff of pee, so it wasn't that bad. I think it was the longer it sat, the worse it got. So that's how I slept in it for so long. And because I didn't want to strip down my bed in the middle of the night...and then I finally remembered that I needed to. I learned my lesson.