Mmmm, I would highly suggest listening to the last song on my playlist. Just do it.
I got it!! I got my mission call!!! I sure hope you picked up on where I'm going by the song, if not, I'm sorry you are unable to comprehend the obvious. ;) OKLAHOMA!! I'm going to the Oklahoma Oklahoma City Mission! I will be speaking the native tongue of English and report to the MTC on June 1st!
Super sweet, ay?! I'm really excited about it. Honestly, people would ask me where I wanted to go and I was open to whatever. If I got sent back home to Vegas, then I would know my way around. If I went to Temple Square (that was the most chosen guess), then that would have been amazing! I didn't want to put a cap on any potentials. The Lord knows me better than I do, so I figured I would go where ever He wanted me to go.
(If you're getting sick of this song, then turn to number 28. I think this is fitting as well.)
I will say this, it is a little relieving I'm not learning a language. Now, I was fully ready to learn a language because I indicated in my papers I was willing to learn a language and I thought I would be highly successful. It would have been awesome to learn a language, but because I don't have to learn one, I can focus on the work and hit the ground running. As for the language, if anything, I'll be coming home speaking a different language!! I'm totally going to pickup a Southern accent; I want it so bad!! My mom said I better not, but I'm not following her council on this one. haha I was talking with one of my friends about this and he said I would only get it if I let it happen. He went to Georgia on his mission and he said speaking with a Southern accent sounded more natural than not. hah YES!! I'm totally coming back a hick! hahahaha
Yeah yeah yeah!!! I am so excited for this! I know this is where the Lord wants me and this is where I am needed. I can't wait to go to Oklahoma and serve. I've heard it's an amazing mission and the people there are outstanding. And guess what sisters, you can finally go shopping for me!! haha






6 comments:
Yay! I'm so excited for you!
I love your photo! Very artistic
HAPPY NEWS!! You'll only be about 13 hours away from me! I drove through Oklahoma City on my way down here. It was actually a good looking place. I'll admit I had certain perceptions about the place. It was cool though!
As for the southern accent.... yeah, I'll admit you might pick up on a few things. Since I've been here in the South there have been a few little words I catch myself saying just a little different. All is well though! The people really are so nice down here. Get ready for a few different items on the menu. Nothing too crazy, just a little different. :)
SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!
Sooo awesome! I think you should make a paper chain to count down the days. It's a must!
What were those "perceptions", Megan?! And what kind of food?! Alligator tail?! haha I'm sure you have that down there, not too bad if you ask me! I'm just thinking I need to loose as much weight now as I can so I will be fine gaining a few while I'm there! haha
Oooo, Veronica! Excellent idea! I'm all about the paper chains! I'm totally going to make one this weekend! :D
Yay Lydia, so exciting!! Now I think that song will be stuck in my head forever. =)
Did anyone guess right?
I'm so excited to see you in the MTC and we'll have to get together after the mish and talk southern together!!!
Post a Comment