Thursday, April 29, 2010

23

Today is my 23rd birthday.

This is unlike me. I'm not one to tell people it's my birthday. I've never told someone, "My birthday is in 14 days!!" or anything the like. It's just not my character to force myself upon others and "boast." I don't like to stand out and call attention to myself, not even on my birthday. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE birthdays, even my own, I just don't like exclaiming to the world that they need to celebrate me; it makes me feel proud or something.

But today I will. If you could do me a birthday wish and click on the link I'm about to share with you, as well as pause my music that is currently playing before you click on that link, that would be grand. You may need to open another page to go to the link and read my post at the same time, but if you don't then this post will be partially meaningless. It is a song I love and I feel expresses me and this coming year. So please, click on this link, ----> HERE, open another page, and read my blog while the song is playing. Thank you. (You may need to pause here and there to stay in pace with the song.)

First, this song has been one of my favorites for a while. It makes my heart swell with joy and it puts a dainty little smile on my face. I just love it and I hope you enjoy it as well.

For this song, I dedicate it to my 23rd year of life. (How fitting is it that the title of this song is 23?) I hope this year of my life sounds like this song. It starts off simple and nothing too out of the ordinary. Then another guitar and cellos (I'm assuming) chime in to make things a little more interesting. It's melodious is what it is; simple and refreshing. Then there's a slight change. Good or bad? Who knows...but there is always a way to make it pleasing, depending on your perspective of life.

Pizzicato = Smiles. Then back to the on running theme. More texture is added; maybe some adventures? Just run with it. (Meaning run with the adventures as well as the music. Just give it a sec. and pause your reading so the music can catch up.)

Back to the simplistics; the one lone guitar. Then back to added volume and changes. Repetition?

Overall, things may seem the same. Some bumps and turns will be in there, but I'll be on the same course. I have some big plans this year, but we shall see if/how they happen and were my life will be led. I'm excited for what ever will be thrown at me and I'll take it with a smile. I know, hard times will be in there, they always are, but if I keep my reliance upon the Lord, which I will, things will be the way they need to be. Now please STOP reading, close your eyes, relax, and listen.











Wait!!
Hear those chimes?! What? A wedding?! bahahaha I think not. Well, maybe, but most likely not my own. How about another cousin instead? ;)

I hope you have a fabulous day. Look on the bright side and remember this song. I hope it made you smile and think of the good times like it does for me.

3 comments:

tacy said...

I feel like because I haven't blogged in forever I haven't talked to you in forever.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I am the complete opposite of you, I love for everyone to know it's my birthday!
I love the song and your "interpretation" of it! It is so fitting!
You're amazing!

Corinne Chidester said...

Loved this post Lyd. You're awesome. I love you, and I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Lyd said...

Tace! I was thinkin about you the other day and how it's been forever since you've done a post!!

Thanks girls! :D