Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nutrition + LOTOJA = Claps of joy!

I am ridiculous.

I was going about my own business, taking my online nutrition final and then I saw something that I wasn't expecting, the word: Cycling. Of course, I became distracted and I had to leave the question I was currently reading to see what this problem had concerning cycling. Here are the glorious words that I read...while clapping, laughing, and saying, "Shut up!!":


Use the following to answer the sports nutrition case study questions.

Jim is 21 years old, 5'9" and weighs 154 pounds. His weight has been stable and his % body fat is 10%. He has developed a strong interest in road cycling and has become quite competitive. He is training to compete in the LOTOJA this next fall (it is a road race from Logan, Utah to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, 200 miles of steep terrain). He expects to finish the race in about 9 hours and 30 minutes (a very good time). Currently he is cycling 4 days a week. On three of those days he will cycle 1-2 hours and then on Saturday he will do a 4 hour ride. He also does some resistance training a couple of days a week. He has noticed that he has been experiencing some progressive fatigue and yackty schmackity, blah blah blah.


Yeah, so pretty much, I'm a crazy. But how perfect is it that this question be on the test that opened on the same day that registration for LOTOJA opened?! Right?! I'm pretty sure my teacher put a question about cycling on there for me. I sit in the front with one pant leg rolled up to my knee every class. I had to explain to her that no, my ankle was not injured, but rather, I roll my pant leg up because I cycle to school. So I'm sure she was like, "Oh, Lydia's a cyclist. I'm sure she would appreciate me writing a question about cycling for the next test. And I'm pretty sure she wants to do LOTOJA sometime in her life, so I'll add a little something about that in there as well." Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what she had planned. I need to stop.

Back to my test I go.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOTOJA is nuts. Half of our ward there was in it, and they were all crazy!!
You are a crazy though, you should do it. If you did, I would make you a cheesecake or something.

aubrey said...

i miss you. xo

The Cordell Cruiser said...

WHAT!?!?! Who is your teacher and why was mine lame!?

Lyd said...

Are you calling your teacher lame based on the fact that she didn't know what LOTOJA is and never mentioned cycling?!? haha I had Sister Cook; at least she was somewhat cycling savvy.

Rika, I'm excited to get that cheesecake from you one of these days.

Miss you too Aubs!!