Friday, April 2, 2010

To Weigh In The Mind With Thoroughness And Care

The following quotes are a few
I have treasured throughout the semester.
Read them and think about it
before moving on to the next quote.
Some require pondering and if you give it
the time needed to think, you will
learn much, as did I.

I hope you enjoy them as much
as I do and I hope you learn a little about
yourself, those around you, and
the potential that has been set out for
YOU to achieve.


"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

"Capabilities: You won't know what you are capable of until you push yourself; push it to the max and magnify your potential." - Me

"A goal not written down is only a wish" - Coach Sonderegger

"In order to improve, we must identify what we lack." - Unknown

"The difference between try and triumph is a little umph." - Unknown

"Do your best and then a little bit better than that." - Me

"If you live up to your privileges, the angels cannot be restrained from being your associates." - Joseph Smith

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

"Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer

"Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket, keep it in your own." - Unknown

"Greatness comes from being good for someone else." - President Hinckley

"I care not what the theories of men are." - Joseph Smith

"You can count the seeds in an apple, but you can't count the apples in a seed." - Elder Andersen

"What we do not have must not be allowed to spoil that which we do have." - Elder Maxwell

"The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials." - Lin Yutang

"Whatever is, is right." - Alexander Pope: Essay on Man

3 comments:

tacy said...

thanks lyd!
Loved them!
Especially the "greatness comes from being good for someone else". I had forgotten how great it feels to lose yourself in service for others. It truly is remarkable how much good you can do for yourself if you just do good for someone else!

Ron Foster said...

Books constitute capital. A library book lasts as long as a house, for hundreds of years. It is not, then, an article of mere consumption but fairly of capital, and often in the case of professional men, setting out in life, it is their only capital.
Thomas Jefferson

Ron Foster said...

I know this song might not be in keeping with your great sounds you play,but it is old style and I like it, makes many smile and dance in the kitchen on those late night party nights. John Prine and Iris Dement, "In spite of ourselves" have a listen and a watch and maybe a smile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5axlwCBXC8