Thursday, May 6, 2010

Know Your Limits

Remember to pause the music. :)



This video was purely for a giggle, but everyone, please know your limits. Limits to eating too much frozen yogurt. Limits to drinking too much water before a two hour class. Limits to checking Facebook. The list can keep going. But for now, I shall share with you a story about knowing your limits during exercise. (Turn to song 91. I dedicate it to Ashley. (You'll know who this Ashley person is soon enough.))

As some of you may know, I teach cycling/spinning classes here at good ol' BYU-I. Today's focus was hovers and climbs, with some sprinting in the mix. I was planning on an "easier" day, but whenever I plan that, it never happens and I end up getting pretty intense. Typical; this always happens. I won't lie, it wasn't an easy class, but everyone seemed to be doing fine. At about 5-8 minutes left of class, we started cooling down and I noticed one of the girls, Ashley, was gone. Weird, but I kept the class going.

Once I dismissed class, I noticed someone sitting on the floor, back against the wall, with their legs sprawled out. Of course, people started to huddle around them to see what was wrong. Pale-faced and in and out of contentiousness there sat Ashley. "OH NO!!" I believe were the first words that went through my head and out of my mouth. Seconds later, hands covering her mouth, she threw up. And then again. I went and got some towels and a bucket for her, but the fits of throwing up were over. After she was being attended to, I then slapped my hand to my forehead and let out a chuckle. I couldn't help it. I made someone pass out and throw up.

Am I really that intense?!?! I know my class is hard, I've been told that, multiple times, but I also know my class is really good and fun...because I have been told that as well. So, I'll just say she didn't know her limits. I'm just glad she actually got off the bike and didn't try and keep going. Now that could have been some very bad news had she not done that.

Although we are given limitless opportunities, which we should take advantage of, make sure to know your limits while in the experience. ;)

3 comments:

tacy said...

oh my gosh lyd that is AMAZING! Haha! I love that you made someone pass out and puke! I love it!

Corinne Chidester said...

Only YOU Lyd could possibly make someone stretch themselves that far. Ha ha!

Lyd said...

I'm taking that as a very large compliment Corinne. :)