Remember the worth of souls is GREAT in the sight of God. - D&C 18:10.
I have been thinking about this as of late. Do we really understand how fabulous we really are? Sometimes I think we forget who we are and what our potential is. At times, I also think we forget who others are.
Fact is, we're all the children of Heavenly Father. No matter who you are and what you believe, we all came from the same place. Our Father loves us and only wants the best for us. He set His plan in action so we could achieve greatness; we just need to remember the tools He has given us to get to where He wants us...back with Him.
God the Father sent His only begotten Son, Jesus the Christ, to save our souls to enable the many blessing He has set in store for us. Christ suffered all pain and affliction and atoned for our sins so we might return to Him and our Heavenly Father.
Because of Christ's atonement, He is the Father of our souls. He is the King of Kings. Now there is something interesting about that phrase: "King of Kings." Who are those other kings? Are they the kings of old? Kings of England and what have you? Yes, He is most certainly the King over them, but WE are the kings; kings and queens. As we come unto Christ, we become His children, who then become princes and princesses. Now what do princes and princesses become? They become the heirs to the kingdom. After making sacred covenants, we can all become kings and queens, gods and goddesses. Christ literally means The Anointed and to be a king or queen, we must be anointed in the name of The Anointed One. The great thing about it is, everyone is given this marvelous opportunity, just so long as they are willing to live by his commandments. Christ doesn't want to rule over servants, He wants to reign among kings and queens.

Now if that's not an amazing potential, I don't know what is. We have been given, and continue to receive, endless opportunities to further our talents, strengthen our weaknesses, lift the hands that hang down, correct mistakes we have made, and the list goes on. Never, never give up. There is always hope. President Hunter says it beautifully:
"I think it is incumbent upon us to rejoice a little more and despair a little less..."
Elder Wirthlin also gives some great advice that I would like to pass on:
Remember who you are. You are a child of God; an heir to a kingdom. Don't let life get you down; try and look on the bright side. I know there will be days where you feel you may never make it to the end, but as the wise spider Charlotte said it, "Chin-up!"
"The next time you're tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend you life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable."
And remember, you are loved.






4 comments:
Lyd, this was awesome. Exactly what I needed. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They opened my mind to things I have not thought about before. xo
I totally needed this lyd! You don't know how much I needed this but I did. This helps more than any amount of Prozac ever could!
wow, that was really good. really. keep this up and you'll be speaking in conference.
how is it that you are so awesome and expressing these wonderful and soul-touching thoughts? i LOVE it. i swear your contagious optimism knows no bounds. thank you for this lyd =) <3
Post a Comment