Do you ever regret doing something (I'm not talking about sins or anything) and wish you could have done it another way? I know I shouldn't think about things like that, but it happens. I usually think about these types of things when I know there could have been a better result in the long run (or so I think.) It makes me sad/upset/or what ever you want to call it. But then I remember something one of my roommates would always say, "What's done is done." I love that advice. What's done is done and now I have some knowledge of what more I can do to make things better if/whenever certain experience will roll around again.
I guess you could call it a type/representation of repentance. We may do something wrong that makes us upset about our choices. As much as we earnestly wish we could turn the clock back as much as we want, it just cannot be done. Experience and knowledge must me learned. As it says in D&C 122:7, "all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for they good." Although at this given point in time we may not understand why things had to go the way they did, it is for our benefit. Our Heavenly Father is omnipotent and he wouldn't make us go through something if it wasn't for our good. "Heavenly Father sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming" - Elder Wirthlin. Proverbs 3:5-6 also says it great. So very true. Dependence upon an all knowing being who is our Father and loves us unconditionally is the way to go. "Christ is everything to us and we are to "abide" in Him permanently, unyieldingly, steadfastly, forever. For the fruit of the gospel to blossom and bless our lives, we must be firmly attached to Him." - Elder Holland. Trials will come upon us, but we must remember to keep a bright and cheerful countenance, knowing that everything will be ok, and it will; it usually always works out that way for me anyway. I'm grateful for ALL the things I have gone through in life, in what ever situation it may be, for I have I learned oh so much. I love my life and all the experience I receive. :)
Hope you all had a fabulous Sunday like I did! :D
How to Train Race-Specific for all Terrains
1 year ago






4 comments:
Very good blogs lately...not that all of your blogs aren't great...but the most recent one have been so thought provoking...
I agree with Katy, very thought provoking! I totally know what you mean about doing something another way....but what's done is done!
I miss you lyd :(
loved this. on the lines of what's been on my mind lately, as well.
You have such a great attitude. Hope all is well. I will call you. Loves.
Post a Comment