Isn't it beautiful!!! I love seeing this temple everyday from pretty much any location in town. It's amazing how much of a difference it has made in this lil town. Temples do amazing things not just for ours and others salvations, but also for the community. I can't wait to see what Rexburg will be like in 10 years. I'll have to visit, in the summer mind you, to see how much change has happened. I love it!! Now, the start of my story.I am awakened from one of my dreams of random silliness from my rommie Madi at about 7:40 a.m. yesterday morning. And thank you very much for that Madi!! I guess I turned off my alarm; naturally. But who wants to wake up at 7:15 on a holiday. Actually, it was for good reason, but that's what going to bed past two will do to ya. Anyway, we all got ready and warm and headed out. I started my car earlier, but when we got out there, it wasn't on. So we all jumped in and I attempt to start it again. No such luck! Was it just too cold or was it the fact that I was pretty much out of gas at hand? And of course it never started, so another roommie had to drive. We made it to the Stake Center and got ready for duty. And yay for Booty Duty! Lucky me got to sit in a nice warm tent the whole time instead of standing up with one arm held out to direct traffic like a flight attendant. This way, I could look at cute shoes, weird shoes, tiny lil toesie feet, and almost impossible to fit a booty around feet. All in all, it was a pretty good time, all 5+ hours. My hands were dry and dirt filmed with black scratchy thumbs from the treads from the manly folks shoes. I would totally do this again. I love service.
We got home and it was time to relax for a bit. I settled maself down on the couch to do some hw (homework not horse whipping) and then am asked by my beloved roomie Amanda, "Hey Lyd, are you goin' anywhere today?" And my answer was pretty much the extent of "If my car would start, I would!" Good times. Now I need to figure out the little mystery of the Kia Chia and why it won't start. Seeing as how my other roomie's car started, I just came to the conclusion that it was out of gas. So I text a couple of my friends to see it they have a gas can by chance to help me out. As I settled back down to continue my 3D design, my butt started to vibrate and sing the familiar song of "Rock the Casbah." My friend Joey called to see what the problem was and told me that they would be over in a bit to give a hand. He also asked me if my car has started since, so I thought that it would prolly be a good idea to give it another try. And low and behold, the Kia Chia polled through. And once again, I called Joey back and told them never mind about the gas. Thanks guys! Now I need to go get some fetchin' gas so I could actually go places (aka Wal-Mart and/or Albertson's.) The car ignites (not on fire) and I start across the street. And I have now embarked on yet another adventure.
I knew that this was gunna happen! No, my car didn't die in the middle of the street, but it did start to do some significant puttage. Now I have to pump the pedal to try and get somewhere. The "emergency" lights are turned on because I am only goin about 20 mph. Chevron of course is too far out of reach, put there is a Sinclair just around the corner. So close, but yet too far. Slower and slower I go, the harder I begin to laugh. This is not because of humiliation but because it's just straight up funny as crap. And there I stop, in front of Frontier Pies, without a drop of gas to get any further. I sit there, laughing at myself, and thinking how amazing this is. Turns out I needed gas in the first place! teehee After not too long, someone pulls up and asks what's up. Neither of us have a towing rope, but luckily there is a Les Schwab Tires directly across the street, so he ran and fetched one. They towed me Sinclair, I got a little gas, headed to Chevron, filled 'er up, and then headed home, laughing all the way.
I am proud to say that I have been keeping my goal of cycling! Yay! I really enjoy it. Anyway, that has been goin really well, but my butt would have to say the opposite. Man, does my bootay hurt or what?! I hope that saddle will give me a freakin break! ;) So....yeah. Back to the day. I just needed a little briefing in there. I went cycling for a bit, got ready once again for the "day" (after a shower of course. That would be yucky.) And back to the Stake Center for cleaning duty for FHE. Just to some it up, most of us didn't have to stay because we had already done service while some others didn't. Everyone's gotta have a shot, I didn't want to deprive people of being able to help out! :) Yackity shmackity, blah, blah, blah. Nothing else really happened for the rest of the night.
Now, this morning was different. I jumped out of bed thinking that I'm late waking up, but really it's only 7:30, my alarm hasn't gone off, and I got to go back to bed. Fast forward. I knew that it was gunna be pretty cold this morning, but not this cold! As I was walking to class, my breath was coming back at me and then freezing on my hair! I should really try the frosted look on the bottom half of my hair. I could pull it off, right?!

No, but it was -20 while I was walkin to class! Yikes! WHAT!? Yeah, that's right. At least it wasn't still -36 from earlier this morning! My teacher even gave us a little discussion on being safe outside. "If you get home and you notice that your cheeks are numb and you can't feel them, and then they start looking brown and soon turn black, that means that your skin is dead. You'll just have to wait for it to fall off." So with that said, I'll let that simmer for those of you that think your winter is hard in Utah, Vegas, and Cali. Boo Hiss to you!






16 comments:
Yay for temples, boo for cold, yay for warm tents, boo for dirty dry hands, yay for roomies, boo for mornings, yay for cars, boo for breakdowns, yay for friends, boo for towings, yay for working out, boo for sore butt, yay for frosting, boo for frosted hair, yay for caring teachers, boo for not canceling school, yay for lehi cold, boo hoo for you having to live in it! YAY FOR DISNEYLAND! Oh wait you didn't say that. Association on my part....
SICK!!! Sooo sad about the weather. Way to freakin go with your cycling. Also, I'm so glad it was just the gas that was the problem...car problems in -20 degree weather must really suck!
Fun! Ew! Sad! Funny! Woot! Blech! Loves!
Yeah, YAY for Disneyland, BOO for me not being able to go!
You are your mother's daughter. Running out of gas? Apparently only you two. Hee hee!
BOOOOO for cold fo show! Get me outta here! I am done with winter too. THAT is why you need mom to get WICKED tickets. Get on that would ya. K? K!
Great job on the cycling. Has Kev emailed you your score card? Do you know what he has you down to by the end of June? Saweet!
okay...what is all this cycling talk? Esplain!! I'm interested.
No, he hasn't sent me anything yet. And I am NOT like mom and her stupid gas problems. That was only the first time. At least I don't do it two times in ONE month! And I knew that I was runnin out.
The cyclin bit, I wanted to give cycling a try because I HATE running. Kevin seems to really enjoy it and he has good results, so I thought why not. So Kissy let me use her bike and Kev gave me some of his equipment and took me "shopping." So now I'm cycling in my room just about every day. I really enjoy it. I feel "refreshed and not trashed" as Troy Jacobson puts it! :)
Yuck weather!!! Thats why I live in vegas. But I did my time in Germany with my doors freezing shut, and slideing down the hill in my car on ice!! But my cheeks never turned black! I think to prevent that you need to wear a fun colored ski mask, maybe even some layered mask-es! Good for you with the cycling. I did two days of yoga, I loathe exercise of any form!
Hahaha Man, I wish that ski masks were fashionable! I'm not even sure that they are allowed on campus! I would believe it if they weren't.
I usually hate exercise, but for some reason I really enjoy cycling. There's always different levels and I always feel refreshed. Plus, it helps when you know you're doin somethin good for your body. I love it.
hope your cheeks don't turn black! That's my new goodbye wish I'll say to everyone leaving my home.
hahaha Do it; I dare you! :)
Mine and Lance's new saying is "And that's what happens when your mom drops you off at the mall".... :)
hahaha What?! Hey, give Lance my number and tell him to text me some time. I want his number for when we play this game called Text Me Back. I think that he would think that it would be fun! haha :)
And I'm totally gunna start using that now! haha
did he tell ya what it means???? cuz its like the new "That's what he/she said"...Woot!!!
hahaha No, he didn't!! That's amazing!
Post a Comment