Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon Bitner Hinckley


President Gordon B. Hinckley, who led The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints through twelve years of global expansion, has died at the age of 97. The Church president died at his apartment in downtown Salt Lake City at 7:00 p.m. Sunday night from causes incident to age. Members of his family were at his bedside. A successor is not expected to be formally chosen by the Church’s Quorum of the Twelve Apostles until after President Hinckley’s funeral within the next few days.



I truly love this man with all my heart. He was the most Christ-like person on this earth and not to mention having the greatest sense of humor at the age of 97. His life and energy was extended to complete the workings that our Savior has asked of him to do, and now he has been taken from us to be with his sweet wife Marjorie. He has accomplished unfathomable amounts not only for the church, but for the world.


When I first heard news of his death, my heart literally dropped to my stomach. I was sick. My heart still aches, but I know that he is were he needs to be. I was so excited for him to be up here in Rexburg to dedicate the temple this next weekend, but sadly, he will not be here physically, but he will definitely be here in spirit without a doubt in my mind. I've heard this temple called "President Hinckley's Temple." He has been working with this one from the start and has been going till it's end of construction. I so wish that he could have been here, but it was his time.


After hearing the news of our beloved prophet's death, hundreds of student gathered at our stadium at about 10 o'clock and sang "We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet" and other such songs. It was amazing. The Spirit was so strong. I wish that everyone could have been there for this experience.

He will truly be missed by all those that he has met and taught. He was and is such an amazing man.


6 comments:

-KJ said...

Those are great pictures!!! I posted about him too, but I feel my thoughts are still so scrambled. It is hard for me to write how I feel about him! You did a great job. I bet the spirit was amazing at the staduim!

Eliza said...

I love reading everyones thoughts. I feel bad I didn't write more.

Lyd said...

What ever. You're blog was just as good as mine!!! Everyone's is great.

Alli Easley said...

I didn't write hardly any. I saw all of yours, and thought that if I wrote anything it would be redundant. I love all of these pictures.

Ashley O said...

I didn't even write one. But I have been without a puter. What a lil sweet heart!

Anonymous said...

LYDIA!!! WHATS GOING ON? HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? I FEEL AS IF IT HAS BEEN FOREVER SINCE THE LAST TIME I HAVE SEEN YOU! YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE DOING REALLY GOOD! I ALMOST WET MYSELF A LITTLE WHEN I WAS READING YOUR STORY ABOUT RUNNING OUT OF GAS!