Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's Only Just Begun!

So, I've been in school, for lets see...a grand total of 3 days! Wow, I just hope that it goes fast. Let me just tell you about my first day, the day from Hell.

So Wednesday morning, I wake up with no problem, and go to class a little early. As I walk in the door, one of the girls that I would usually hang out with in the program asked me why I didn't go to class yesterday (Tuesday-school started today, Wednesday) or if I went earlier that day. Uh, what the fetch is she talking about!? And then I remember the e-mail that my other teacher sent me about a month ago, mind you. Turns out that my section was going to meet on Tuesday so that we would have the same amount of class days as the other two sections. Anyway, she goes on to tell me that we have 4 assignment due tomorrow. Yeah, what a great start to the school year and the non procrastination. So I have that on my mind. Class goes great. Turns out that I only have two projects to do, one is a group project, I have no homework, and I only have to take one test per week on the presentations. Nice. Should be an easy A.

One to the next class. This is the one with the freakin summer homework. I had to draw/trace 50 people and then 50 sketches of what ever. I finished the people about a week and a half before school started and about two sketches. So you know what I was doing the day before! I have found out that if I play classical music, that my drawings are like 2 times better and I whip them out faster! Who knew! And luckily that night I had time to go to Applebee's for a before school dinner. Yummay. I'm starting to digress. Anyway, so I got all my sketches into my sketch book, get about 4 more pumped out before class and putting me at 84 sketches including the people. Not bad considering. A B is good enough and maybe he'll give me some extra little points for having drawn the best people out of everyone. Okay, back to the class. So my day so far isn't that bad, just a little homework. My teacher then tells us that we will not be doing any more sketch books! Hallelujah! Turns out that we will start working on the computer more and use less of out markers and colored pencils. I have no problem with this because I hardly touched them last year because of my procrastination. Here I come Ebay! Now speaking of computers, he starts talking about the Auto Cad class that we are taking! Now my stomach has dropped, stress level has raised, and I feel like I am going to throw up! I'm not registered for this class and it's required for me to take this semester!

Once class is over, I walk home with my now blistered heels because I haven't warn shoe shoes for about 6 months and because my socks keep slipping. Fast forward. I can't register for that class and the bookstore is closed so this means that I can't turn in 2 of my 4 assignments for the next day. So I call my mom and start freaking out, crying, and all that jazz. Yacky shmackity, bla bla bla and she talks some scents into me like the great mom she is.

Now we're to the next day. I sit in for that Auto Cad class after I talk to the teacher and turns out that there may be one seat open if this kid doesn't come the next class. If he does, then I will have to talk to the teacher about just getting the program on my laptop and take class that way. Cross your fingers for me. And I might add that I love this class...so far...after one day. I'm sure that that will change! On to the class that I missed on Tuesday. Turns out that I only have 8 kids in that class. This is a good thing and a bad thing. You know why. (Sorry this is long, I need to stop going into so much detail and crap.) So class gets over, the teacher talks to me and asks what's up. I tell her, she's fine with it. I told her that I turned in 2 of the 4 assignment and she is happy that I got that much and her kind self is giving me 50% on the rest. Not bad.

So to wrap the school part up, Wednesday was from Hell, Thursday was much better, and Friday, there was nothing wrong.

Um, just really fast. Friday night my roommies and I went camping and it was tons of fun. We were a little stinky because of the fire and lucky me got the first shower, so that means all warm water! Saturday we went wedding dress shopping for one of my roommies and then the rest of that day was pretty much spent watching movies. Today, Sunday, church was good and we have some silly girls in our RS that will be entertaining for all of us roommies to laugh about later because of their comments. So that's it. I just hope that this week is as good as Friday! Love you all and just under 82 days to go!

Here are some fun pics of the weekend.

They scared the other 3 girls (I was in on it) and it was amazing.



Uh, yeah.



Like my new dark hair?!




Very nice, hu.




The Ice Queen found her dress...not.


Oh, and I'll have some pics of my apt. up once I get a couple more things up.

7 comments:

Lyd said...

I just wanted to say sorry for such a long post. hehe ;)

Alli Easley said...

Ooooooooooooh, first of all, that dress on your roomie is goooooooooooorgeous...no it's not. I lie, I'm lying to you.

Also, that first week of school sounds so craptastic! I was so sad for you when I found out you were supposed to take that A-CAD class and didn't remember, and then when you forgot to go on Tues? I was all nervous in my tummyparts! POOR LYDIA! Also, I can't believe you're almost done!

Oh and those masks look really awesome in that flashlight light. I may have to experiment with some masks and light this Halloween!

Lyd said...

Yeah, we made her try that one on. It took her a minute to consider it. If it were me, I would have had it on in a heart beat!

And it was most certainly craptastic! Also almost done by butt. 82 days left of the semester, and 6 (counting this semester) more semesters to go!! (if I make it to the end!) It will be long while, but I will get lots of good info out of it!

Lighting is the best for mask pictures. Have you seen that devil that hangs in front of my door at my new house?

Alli Easley said...

UM NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must see this devil!

Lyd said...

I'll post it as ma picture! hehe

Eliza said...

I've seen the devil...the real one. NO, I'm Lying, Lydia.

Anyway, the dress has to look good because she is by some Mahbul Calumns.

Lyd said...

Yeah, and those Mahbul Calumns even have grapes coming out of them to make them bust with class! And not to mention the ceiling fans coming out of the sky! Just look at um. It's just amazing!