Monday, April 23, 2007

The Lilly Belle



So now that my room is nice and clean and I have some John Mayer playin', I need to strap myself down and write at least one more post. So the Lilly Belle. I know that all you Oblad's are freaking out! haha Too bad you guys missed it. So I took some good pics so you could see out enjoyment. Anyway, so to continue the story (see post below,) Jeff opened the door for us and we took our seats. Ohhh, so nice. Those cushioned velvet seats are so comfy and soft! After getting a picture of us with Jeff, he started telling us some of the history of the Lilly Belle. Just to update you peeps that don't know about it, it's a separate car on one of the trains at DL that was one of Walt's dreams to have for the park, but never got to see it before he died. It is named after his wife, Lilly, and she is the one that did the decoration in the interior because the car was mostly for her and special guests. Also, Lilly didn't like large crowds, so this was her get away spot. This is the car that the special VIP guests and celebs ride in when they come to visit DL, so we got to be the VIP’s for a tad!!

After giving us a brief history on the Lilly, he went and got a little red velvety book and pen off of one of the tables and told us that every guest that rides in the Lilly gets the privilege to sign a special guestbook that will forever be entered into the Disney Archives. Wowee! What an extra little treat. So my mom asked who had been here lately and Jeff said that he heard that Kobe Bryant was there the day before and that Johnny Depp wasn't there too long ago. So Leslie then asks where he usually sits and he pointed out this settee on the other side of the car. Then Bree gets up and runs over to sit in it. And of course you aren't supposed to stand up, so Jeff tells her so sit back down. Hey! A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!! Anyway, towards the end of the ride, Leslie said that her brother is Phil Barlow (the old distribution chief at Buena Vista) and that we should be riding on the Lilly anyway. The Jeff totally agreed! haha He knew exactly who he was and actually pulled a card out of his wallet that showed that he knew the VP that was under Phil. So he told us to come back later in the day to get another ride in the Lilly! We tried before we left, but they were putting her away for the night, so they just told us to come back tomorrow for the ride. And we did.


Now for the second trip! Now this trip was a little more fun because this girls was a little crazy, but she LOVES Disney/DL. So we got to talkin' about how she has worked there for 10 years and has loved every minute of it (well may be not the part where she broke two of her vertebrate while workin' the Jungle Cruise!) and how much she hates Michael Eisner. So funny story! When this girl came back from her 2 year break from working at Disneyland after she broke her back, one of her jobs was to block off some type of entrance to something and she was told to let no one pass by. So this guy walks towards her with sunglasses and a hat on and tries to pass by. She kindly tells him that no one is to pass, but he keeps trying. So then she says to him, “I don’t care if you’re Michael Eisner, you’re not getting past!!” Then this guy rips off his hat and glasses and it is him! Ahhhh! Like a moron he is, he started cussing her out and telling her that he will have her job in front of 100’s of people. Luckily her boss walked by and asked what the matter was. She said nothing because she was just doing her job and then asked Michael if she should get fired for doing her job. He just simply replied, “No.” This man is horrendous! She said that he would make $400,000,000 a year! He has a bedroom that is 5,000 sq ft, closets alone that are about 13 x 13, and a bathroom with a bar, a 6 seater jacuzzi, and a shower that fits 10! Uhhhh, can we say he was just in it for the money and not for the love of Disney! Moron! Thank goodness that he is no longer with Disney. So the guy that replaced him, Robert Iger, is said to be amazing and that he is truly in love with Disney. Now this is the part that leads into the other post about the future of Disney. Don't worry; it should be up later today!

25 comments:

Mandy said...

so jealous. nothing cool like that ever happens to me! how fun for bree to have such a spectacular trip her first time there! LUCKY!!!

Lyd said...

I know! Now she only haves this trip to compare to. Pfffft. And you never know Mandy, this is the year of a million dreams!

-KJ said...

What is going to happen when I go?!!! Nothing, I bet! Oh well. Lyd, you are starting to sound like a Keeper of the Kingdom!!! Haha.

Lyd said...

Mom said to me, "Are you gunna be like one of those phyco people on your blog?" She keeps giving me crap! What ever. I'm just doing this because I know that some people will appreciate it! And for that comment, I hope that you get nothing! haha

Bree :--) said...

Sweet post...sounds like you did a lil research, unless you have a freakin awesome memory, no way I remembered all those names! Yeah, it was pretty sweet! Maybe I'm good luck, and need to go to DL with each group that goes down...which equals NO JOB FOR ME! Sweet, I'll take it! Call me if you want a fantastic trip to DL!:)

Lyd said...

Like how I comment after every single person!! No, I only had to look up one name for the most part! I try and remember my Disney facts so that I can be more like the O-balds!

Eliza said...

K... (deep breath) I'm just about done vindicating ourselves to you Nelsons. The Keepers are OCD obsessed...WE Oblads, on the other hand, have a enthusiasm about the nostalgia of it all *said like Ms. Neece Nash*. I think WE get what Walt was setting out to do... to bring generations of families together to create memories that will last a lifetime. Maybye, hopefully, someday you'll get it. *sigh*

So...KJ have you decided if you are coming to the Happiest Place on Earth? What about you Lyd, Susan?

Lyd said...

You don't have to tell my twice. I think that I'm the only one in my family who gets it. My mom is saying that I'm turning into one of the Keepers!!! What ever!!

Lyd said...

Oh, and I need to see what's going on with work.

Mandy said...

taylor has no classes the thursaday you guys will be at DL so we will all be there on thursday!! yeah!!!

-KJ said...

First of all I was joking Lyd, hence the HAHA at the end! I LOVE DL, and I do get it. I do not think the Oblads are obsessed, just very enthusiastic, like Eliza said. Also, I love Niecy Nash!
Finally, and most importantly, I DO think I am coming with youz guyz!!!! Woo hoo! Yea! I need to figure things out still, but I am pretty sure!

Lyd said...

I know you were. I was gunna slip a haha in there, but I decided not to!

Alli Easley said...

Un-shun *right hand moves downward like a wall between us*

I've not been commenting because I am not talking to you...as Dwight on The Office would say:

"I'm shunning you" - Dwight Shrute

Anywayzzz, I'm done commenting here, jerk. Re-shun. *right hand moves upward as to signify a wall going up again between us*

Eliza said...

Lyd - Work Schmerk. You're gonna be here 5 months right? So you have mucho time to work.

Ashley O said...

Alli...Ema Ree just told me about that episode of The Office last night on our fabulous dinner date! Awesome!

Um so yes I'm pretty much excited...not obsessed...excited!

Lyd said...

hahahahaha I love that episode! haha And not to mention all the others! I'm gunna talk to her tomorrow. I don't think that she will have a problem with it. It's not like I have been here for that long to make a difference, so what will 3 days off do (one for this Friday for Bree's graduation!)

Eliza said...

EVERYONE MUST BRING CAMERAS SO THAT WE GET LOTS OF DIFFERENT PICTURES TO CHOOSE FROM.

ps. Don't forget the sweat bands we talked about, oh and the power bars for the stamina cause we're gonna be doin some power walking. MOM - wear comfortable shoes!

Alli Easley said...

I want to go barefoot! I've actually worn no shoes there before, Mike and I were there in 2005 and I went barefoot through most of DCA. It feels sweet to wear no shoes there.

Ash - I love that episode too, so so funny, but last night's show was the BASTE!

Lyd said...

I thought that the beginning and the end were the best part, not the middle so much.

Mandy said...

i LOVED the office last week...does anybody watch greys anatomy? next weeks is 2 hours long...yeah!

Eliza said...

Mandy if you're talking about this thursday...you're gonna miss it cause we'll be at the great place! AND I watch it sometimes...I'm kinda getting tired of everyone sleeping with everyone.

Mandy said...

it doesnt come on until 9 here. we probably will be home around then since we will have the boys and tay will have classes the next day. it is getting 90210ish with everyone switching "partners"

Eliza said...

I am taping 30 Rock then and my boys are getting ready for bed and by the time they are in bed It is almost 9:00 so we miss it. I liked it better when it was on Sunday. Maybe that is why I like it cause I was the big 90210 fan!

Maybe we ought to get tivo!

Mandy said...

yea i was a huge 90210 fan!

-KJ said...

I am in the same boat as Eliza with Grey's. I forget we Tivo it, so I am behind so many episodes.