Sunday, January 17, 2010

Here It Goes!

Oh wow. Where do I start. I'm really excited for this semester. I already love it. Although I've already had some fun experiences, I'll try and keep this short.

First off, I'm living with my best friends:
Michelle Pray - my hilarious devoted roommate since freshman year. Amanda Smith - my tall, skinny, Russian speaking saint. Brittany Ogletree - my happy go lucky girl with the most beautiful teeth. And Julie Bolen - my most amazing Rice Krispy Treat making shorty. Now when Madi gets back from her journey to Jerusalem, then team will be complete. Actually, Tacy needs to come back, then it would be complete. To say the least, this is probably the best group of girls...and our bishopric won't stop telling us this. (For reals. It's really funny. They tell me how impressed they are with us every time I see them.)

My classes are amazing:
Motor Development - simply put, very interesting.
Sports Conditioning - I love my coach and I love that he recognizes me. (Story behind the recognition: turns out, somehow with the new system our campus has (that everyone hates,) I was dropped from his class. Long story short, I told him I have never missed a day (for his records sake...and my grade) and he told me he was highly aware of this; sees me front row every class. Made me happy.)
Humanities (pre-history - 1500) - I had this same teacher freshman year. He's silly. Chuckles at things that aren't funny at all. Loves his profession and in turn makes me love the class even more.
Humanities (1500 - present) - Great teacher. First time I've had him and I have a feeling I'm gunna be the one he teases for the rest of the semester. I volunteered to explain what a "Vanishing Point" is and now he's taken the privilege to tease. I lie not; he said my name like 8-10 times last class. "If Lydia were to go on a date..." "I don't know why Lydia costs twice as much as the rest of you..." "Lydia, what does this mean?" "Lydia...." "....Lydia...." "Now Lydia...."
Nutrition - I. Love. This. Class. Needless to say, I've never been excited to read a textbook till now. I find this class very interesting and very useful.
World Dance - All I really have to say is "Gary Larsen." But I will add: I love Tai Chi and all their crazy names - Parting Wild Horse's Mane, Two Peaks Strike the Temple, Monkey Retreat, Wave Hands Like Clouds.... Also, Romanians and Bulgarians are insane. I'm sweating bullets by the end of each dance.

I'm an official cycling instructor!! Hip hip! SO much fun and I love hearing that people look forward to coming to my class. I'm glad my large amounts of sweat haven't warded them off...yet. I have also been asked to be the Group Leader over the cyclists, so I'm excited to get to know more people who share my passion. This will also help me in one of my goals for the semester: Learn people's names. I now know all the cycling instructors' names and I have a handful of people's names down that come to my class. We shall see how things turn out. Oh, and I'm now CPR certified. So that's pretty cool. I guess.

I am also on the World Dance team as well. Selling points: they're doing my favorite dances (minus tap): Irish, clogging, and Indian (as in Hindu.) So I auditioned and now I'm on the team! It's going to be a blast. Aaaand I volunteered to design the Collegiate Dance Team shirts. They're gunna be sweet (if they choose one of my designs.)

So all in all, I'm living with the greatest girls ever, I'm taking 16 credits of amazing classes, I'm an instructor over the best fitness class on campus, I'm on an amazing dance team, I have overlapping time schedules, my ward is fabulous, and yeah, it's just great and very busy. I should have some good posts comin'.




Hope all is well.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Awe... I'm glad you're having such a great semester! I really need to come visit you guys and see the new apartment! Miss you!

Bree :--) said...

Sounds like a blast!! You have such a positive attitude. I'm pretty sure about half those classes I would complain about, ha! Good luck fitting it all in you crazy girl!

tacy said...

I'm so sad I'm not there! This blog made me the most rexburg sick I've been since leaving :(
Who are your two humanities teachers??!?! The second one sounds like Stephenson or Davis...but I'm not sure, it could be neither. I love all the humanities teachers!!
YAY for being on the dance team again!! I hope the collegiate dance team chooses your design!!
You're awesome and I miss you a ton!!

aubrey said...

that picture is awesome. i agree with bree... you are one busy girl! and you are no longer allowed to tease me with the idea of you coming to visit me. one day... :) until then, have SO much fun this semester. you deserve it.

Lyd said...

Oh no! Tacy! I didn't mean to make you sad! :( We just love and miss you out here! And you are correct. It is indeed Brother Davis. I'll let you know if my shirt was chosen or not, but I'm thinkin it might. Got a good response.

Aubs. I will make it out there. I'll put it in my book of things to do if I have to! Loves! :D

Unknown said...

You're really livin the dream! Now all you need to do is find some cute guy... :)

-KJ said...

I am so glad you are happy!

Ashley O said...

If you are doing the Bulgarian dance we did I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!! I love that dance SO much! And Tai Chi. Is it like 9 minutes long?

Lyd said...

We're doing Graovsko Horo and Dospatsko Horo from Bulgaria. And yes, the Tai Chi will be about that long. I think we're probably done with learning about 6 minutes of it so far.