This morning, I woke up, attempted to do a sunrise salutation (this guys is crazy), gave up quickly, and then got ready for my run. After fully mapping out my run, my mom drove me up to the summit of the American Fork Canyon (11 miles) and I was on my way. Let me just tell you how beautiful this run is!! Breath taking! The gophers were running around, birds chirping, and I started my run at a crisp 50 degrees.
I came up with an amazing idea while I was running. Throughout the whole run, I pass dozens of cyclists and we always say "Good Morning!" to each other as we pass by. Me, being the bizarre thinker that I am, decided I would learn how to day "Good Morning" in different languages! ie Russian, German, French, Norwegian, Spanish, etc. Switches things up a bit and might just leave them wondering if I'm a citizen of a different country or something. haha
While running, I make sure I have my essentials: my "running belt" (equipped with 4 8oz bottles to keep me hydrated,) my premium ipod shuffle (which I believe has some of the best music on it, like my blog,) and those fantastic energy boosters, Gu!!! Oh Gu. It's a love hate relationship. If you get too much in your mouth, you gag. If you get some on your face, it's feels like you dripped syrup all over. And you need water to destickify your cotton mouth. But without them, I don't think I would have lasted. The best flavor to date; my newest try from today: Chocloate Outrage!! SO good!! It truly tastes like straight up Hersey's syrup!! I 'm thinkin I'll have more of those on hand! If you ever, for what ever reason, need some energy Gu energy gels, I would suggest Chocolate Outrage, Orange Burst, Strawberry Banana, and Lime Sublime. Those are my favorite ones so far.

Prepare yourself, because I'm about to brag. Once I started running, I didn't stop once while in the canyon...meaning I ran 11 miles without stopping!! Although I could feel my little blisters filling up and my knees starting to hurt, I pushed though and I made it!! I felt amazing and accomplished. I don't think I would have been able to do it if I went without saying a little prayer before hand. It truly does make a difference!! But once I finished, I had a huge smile on my face! :D
After getting out from the canyon, I ran another 2 miles, stopped at my mom's car (she was out walking) to fill up my water bottles, and got back to my run. I ran 3 more miles and poof...I was done!!! 15 MILES!!!! I can't believe it! Me, running that distance!?! I would have never thought! But, if I want to do a marathon, I guess that's what's gotta happen!! :)
(Story behind the title, other than my knees truly hurting, I'm taking Jordan Sparks' advice and taking "one step at a time." Literally. Getting UP the stairs isn't too bad of a problem, but getting DOWN is another. One step at a time. Right-left. Right-left. Right-left. 32 steps to get down 16 steps. Man, what I do to run.)
While running, I make sure I have my essentials: my "running belt" (equipped with 4 8oz bottles to keep me hydrated,) my premium ipod shuffle (which I believe has some of the best music on it, like my blog,) and those fantastic energy boosters, Gu!!! Oh Gu. It's a love hate relationship. If you get too much in your mouth, you gag. If you get some on your face, it's feels like you dripped syrup all over. And you need water to destickify your cotton mouth. But without them, I don't think I would have lasted. The best flavor to date; my newest try from today: Chocloate Outrage!! SO good!! It truly tastes like straight up Hersey's syrup!! I 'm thinkin I'll have more of those on hand! If you ever, for what ever reason, need some energy Gu energy gels, I would suggest Chocolate Outrage, Orange Burst, Strawberry Banana, and Lime Sublime. Those are my favorite ones so far.

Prepare yourself, because I'm about to brag. Once I started running, I didn't stop once while in the canyon...meaning I ran 11 miles without stopping!! Although I could feel my little blisters filling up and my knees starting to hurt, I pushed though and I made it!! I felt amazing and accomplished. I don't think I would have been able to do it if I went without saying a little prayer before hand. It truly does make a difference!! But once I finished, I had a huge smile on my face! :D
After getting out from the canyon, I ran another 2 miles, stopped at my mom's car (she was out walking) to fill up my water bottles, and got back to my run. I ran 3 more miles and poof...I was done!!! 15 MILES!!!! I can't believe it! Me, running that distance!?! I would have never thought! But, if I want to do a marathon, I guess that's what's gotta happen!! :)
(Story behind the title, other than my knees truly hurting, I'm taking Jordan Sparks' advice and taking "one step at a time." Literally. Getting UP the stairs isn't too bad of a problem, but getting DOWN is another. One step at a time. Right-left. Right-left. Right-left. 32 steps to get down 16 steps. Man, what I do to run.)






6 comments:
Lydia you're AMAZING!! I so envy you right now!!
Holy frick! When is the marathon? I am totally in awe!
haha The marathon is September 12th.
you are CRAZY, and by crazy i mean AMAZING! 11miles without stopping?!?!? you GO girl! And i'm not going to lie...chocolate gu makes me want to gag just thinking about it. I can't believe it is your favorite. haha!
Holy COW! You're def. ready for a marathon! Even crazy marathon-ers don't run more than 13 or 14 miles at a time until the actual big day. You should be bragging, you're making me feel real lazy!
HAHA I was hesitant on buying the chocolate because I thought it might be some nasty chalk flavored crap, but the guy that was ringing me up told me that it tasted like Hersey's syrup, and he was totally right!!! I need to get some more!! Maybe I'll send you one and you can take pictures of you eating it!! haha
HAHAH Don't feel lazy! It's just some kick I'm in. And I'm just following this schedule that this marathon dude does. Mine is for Novice 1. The most I will ever do before the actual day is 20!! Holy poop!! But I know I can do it! I don't really care how long it takes me, I just want to do it!
Post a Comment