Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wolfie!!!

If you would, for the effect of the start of my blog, and for the enlightenment of your minds, please direct your attention to my music on the left, and go to song number 191 "Requiem."

Without a doubt, every time that music starts, I either gasp, get goosebumps all over, or all my muscles relax. So beautiful. Wolfgang (Wolfie) Amadeus Mozart would have to be one of my all time favorite composers. His music is some of the greatest this earth has ever known and I love that I've grown up listening to him, as well as many other great composers. I have many memories as a child listening to such fabulous music and I wish that everyone had the opportunity. This music is truly enlightening to the mind; it's scientifically proven and I have many personal experiences that can vouch for this "theory."

Something I've been thinking about pertaining to classical music is the period in which most of it was produced; The Dark Ages; when the Gospel was not on the earth. I truly feel that such men as Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Johann Sebastian Bach, Joseph Haydn, and Ludwig van Beethoven (such awesome names) were inspired to write such beautiful music. You can really feel the Spirit when you listen to this music....hence why it's enlightening (although what you are currently listening to is a requiem (about death.)) The world was not yet ready for the Restoration, so maybe music was the next best thing. It's as if they were "hearing the voice of God" though their music during that time of darkness.

If you don't really "like" classical music, give it a shot, it's quite amazing. And if you do like classical music, I recommend listening to it more often. I sometimes turn it on while I'm at work or when I'm driving. (Really relaxing and allows you to think clearly.) If you haven't seen Amadeus, I would HIGHLY recommend it. (Don't watch the editor's cut. I guess they added some stupid nudity scene.) Anyway, it's SO good and I remember loving it as a kid, even if I didn't get some of the things that were happening/being said. Here's a couple scenes. The first is where Salieri is explaining the musical talent of Mozart. The second is just a fun scene where Mozart displays his talent and makes Salieri extremely jealous (how wouldn't be!) Enjoy!!








Oh yeah, I'm gunna start laughing like that.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I agree with you Lyd. Since Annie's been born, I've been listening to classical music everyday with her. It calms her down too.

Katy Wilson said...

I LOVE the movie Amadeus. Since I have played the violin since I was 4, I too can appreciate the classical music and everything it offers.

Love it...

Bree :--) said...

Totally wish I grew up with this stuff! I do love classical music, but I never listen to it! I think I will now. Also, need to watch that movie again, I remember liking it, but haven't seen it in forever.

tacy said...

i LOVE classical music...then again you already know that :)