Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!!

So, did everyone have a fun Halloween?! From what I have heard and read so far, it seems as if everyone had a blast!! Since no one has heard about mine...I'll tell you, and that just may be why you came here; to see what I did. It all started with my alarm going off saying, "Wake up Lydia!! It's the morning of one of your favorite holidays ever....oh, and a little bit of school too!" Yeah, I wish! No actually, I woke up to my roommate Amanda slipping me a "Happy Halloween Lydia!! Good Luck at your appointment. Love Manda" note. She's the greatest. I digress. So I went to my first class and then lucky me, I got out an hour early from my second class!! If you where wondering what Amanda was meaning by "good luck at your appointment," here is the explanation. Knowing that I have a tumor on my brain, it was that time again to check on it and see if my meds are doing their job. So off I was to Idaho Falls to get yet another MRI. Actually, I was a little excited. I must be crazay, but I think that getting these MRI's are actually a little relaxing!!! hehe I have found that I make up dances while I am laying there very still with my head strapped down securely. But this time, I actually think that I fell asleep a couple of times!! Now that's awesome. If you don't know what sounds a MRI makes here you go! Don't those sounds make you want to take a nap?

After getting the relaxation therapy and stuck with a couple of needles, I was back to Rexburg. Hmmm, what to do, what to do. The rest of the night was spent watching Disturbia. (Ooooohh Shia!) And a little bit of Wait Until Dark. Not much. Most of the "Halloween" events happend this last weekend. Two of my roommies, an FHE bro, and I went to help with an elementary school Halloween carnival. It was really fun; I got to do face painting!! After that, all the roommies (minus one,) a fiance, and a couple more guys, went to The Haunted Mill. Not as scary as last year, but still fun. Then we watched Wait Until Dark. I love watching movies with Michelle. I swear, at "the part" she jumped, while laying down, like a foot off the ground while screaming her wonderful scream. It's always the best to watch scary movies with her. Anyway, that was my Halloween. Now here are some pictures for you to enjoy:

20 comments:

liufamily said...

Luv the peppers and the Hair! I think you should consider keeping the hair. You didn't say anything about results from your MRI......are you still waiting?

Sarah said...

Yeah, make sure you let us know when you find out. I'll be praying for you. Sounds like you had an awesome halloween!

Mandy said...

yeah let us know as soon as you find out the results!
i love all your halloween decor!

Lyd said...

Stace - I know!! If there wasn't a strict ruling at BYU-I, I swear that my roommie and I would totally do it for a while!!

I'll make sure that I tell the results. It will take a few days to get to my doctor and then he has to look them over and then he will send me a letter. So it might be a while. But no worries. If I don't care or worry, you most certainly shouldn't! hehe

Thanks Sarah! You're amazing. hehe And it was a fun Halloween!

And thanks about the decor Mandy! I love decorating for holidays! Our apt. looks really sad and naked with it all down.

-KJ said...

Honestly. Could you have done anything more festive than go have your BRAIN TUMOR checked out on HALLOWEEN! Awesome. Plus I know you will be OK!
Also, you can fall asleep to the sound of a BUS or a BOAT HORN? Crack smoker! I was busting up when I listened to those sounds!
Cute page!

Chelsea Nelson said...

I agree with Kissy, how the crap do you sleep to those sounds!!!! I was expecting some light, faint beeping noise...not a freakin fog horn! Haha! Anyways...it was great to see you at Rachels reception!! And hopefully you can come down for Thanksgiving!!! We still need to play on photobooth!! Well, your in my prayers Lyd! Love ya tons!!

Lyd said...

I don't know how I fell asleep to that crap!! But I did! Think, those are the sounds WITH ear plugs! I can't imagine what it would be like without them.

I can't wait to come for Thanksgiving! I will be so much fun. I'm so glad that I get a full week off! Yipee!!!

shauna said...

Don't forget who invented those jack-o-lantern baked peppers...Shauna and Susan!!!1988

shauna said...

Also, I am so glad that you kept the Living Christ in Halloween!!!Sorry about the double blog...I always think of something after I finished...

Lyd said...

Oh, I didn't forget that you guys made them! And that you for the invention!

Lyd said...

Don't worry. Everyone double blogs. :)

-KJ said...

Nice blog title! Hahahaha! Seems you have hit your wall. It will get better, I promise.

Lyd said...

It fits better than "What a Hoot" so, I thought that I shouldn't lie. Maybe it will change in 5 weeks...aka Chistmas break. Or Maybe even in 2 weeks when it's Thanksgiving braek! We'll just have to wait and see what happens!

Bree :--) said...

How funny, I was about to say the same thing...WAY CUTE PICTURE!! I LUFF IT.

Lyd said...

Thanks!! And you would never know that I was at a "huge" (according to Rexburg) dance party thing. This is one of my all time favs. Hence why it is up. :)

Eliza said...

K...i say cute picture but now I say.... Halloween is oveh! BUT the wonderful thing about it is Jack can stay on till new year!!!!!!!! OH CRAP! *hits herself in the face cause she forgot her promise AGAIN!*

Lyd said...

hahaha Sucka!

I'll have a new post next week after this stupid huge project is ova!

Alli Easley said...

DO YOU HAVE AN UPDATE YET?!?! Ok so I'm dying over here!

Lyd said...

Hey now!! I'm at fetching school and in the HARDEST major up here! No joke. Maybe my next post will be informing you that I shot myself in the kneecaps.

Just give me a week! Go to Ryan's blog and make 600 comments.

Maybe I should just stop checking in on everything like I said that I would do at the beginning of the year so you think that I am nonexistent until the weekend.

I freakin HATE school.

I know, I would "hate" listening to my complaining too, but this crap is so freakin hard and I feel like I am doing it for nothing...or more just doing for my mom. I don't know. You know it's bad when the best ones in the department are complaining at how hard it is! Dang it!

Alli Easley said...

you crazy little birdie