So, as you have all heard, the family has gone up to the cabins for a little Nelson "reunion." And oh what fun it was. Filled with four wheeling, tons of paintballing, very yummy food, hours of talking, Mexican Train Dominoes, and other fun games. So here is a funny little story I will let you all in on. The girls (my mom, Kissy, Bree, Nola, and myself (oh, and Kevin and Olivia for a little bit)) went on a little four wheeling tour of the land and it was tons of fun. We got to go through mud, got a ton of Magic Cabin Dust on our face, and Bree even came out with a unibrow!! (view slide show) haha (said like Nelson on the Simpson's) We dropped off Kev and Oli and the girls went out for a little longer. After that, Nola told Kj, Bree, and I to go for a little mud bogging on our own and where we should go. So my mom and Nola left to get some stuff ready for dinner. And you know what, within like 5 minutes of Nola leaving us, Kj lands the four wheeler in a stream to deep for the angle she was going in at and can't get out!! Typical. Then there was me, who was the leader of the pack stuck right in front of a spot that I knew was too deep, so I stopped and didn't attempt it. But retard me doesn't know how to put this particular ATV (there you go Chris) in reverse! So I'm also stuck. Bree was smart enough to stay back. So we try and figure it out. We do everything that we can think of to get me in reverse, but no success. Then we try to get Kj out of the muddy stream...and yes you guessed it. We never got her out. So Bree went back to go get some help. Then the da da da da (to be said in a sing song voice) Kevin comes to save the day!! So he hops on Kissy's ATV and puts it in freakin 4-wheel drive and pulls it right out! He drives off thinkin that he is all cool and crap, making us look like fools. The I am just sitting there and yell at him, "I can't get mine in reverse!" (Just picture me hitting myself with my right hand on my left shoulder, and trying to bit my left ear. That's exactly how I feel!) So he does a dismount off the four wheeler, a nice little superhero like leap over the stream, and proceeds to make me feel like an idiot. I can't remember what he did, but it was something ridiculously easy. So he takes it over the stream to meet up with Kj and Bree and I head back because we are in the H4 (a big mother bear ATV thing) and we don't even want to try it without Nola. So that is one of the big stories of that trip. Oh, and take a look at the boys in the slide show. That is what real mud bogging looks like. Well actually, Ryan thought that it would be a good idea to just jump right in! He said that as he was jumping in (face first mind you) that he was praying that there wasn't any giant rocks in there to jack him. And yes, there weren’t...hence the rest of the guys.
Oh yeah, and there was a fire work show at Brianhead. A little weird to think because the risk on fire scale thing was at extreme!!! Anyway, this was prolly one of the awesomest firework shows that I have ever been to. And one of the most interactive! The reason being is because of how close we were. About 10 or so of us were in the back of Brock's truck watching them along with 100's of other people (but they weren't in the truck with us.) ;) Anyway, after they were shot off, they were so close that ashes (still on fire) were falling on/all around us. And not to mention pieces of the shells that were about 2 inches around and smaller. But one of the best parts was watching the duds shoot into the crowd! There was one in particular that was extra good. Do you know the firework that shoots up and when it goes off, it goes into about 5 separate fireworks? Well one of those was a dud. So when it shot off, it hardly got into the air and shot, and then separated into the 5 separate ones right on to everyone’s heads that were on the field! It was pretty much awesome. hahaha suckers! So that's that.
Don't get me started, don't even get me started. (shaking fist in air) Ok, so I have one more story about the next weekend. We decided that we didn't have enough of a good time paintballing, so we needed another weekend! Anyway, I am getting much better! And here is my story (I'll make it fast!) So I was on Ryan and Jesse's team and they are super good (sorry Chris, I don't know if you were on my team this round, but you are also very good) and like 2 other people were also on the team. So that makes 5 of us. Anyway, it ends out that I am the last one on my team with 3 more people left on the other team!! Luckily I know where they all are! So I popped up and shot Kyle (which I was very proud of because he is super good) and he didn't even see me! Yipee! Then there was Ray and he started wailing on me! Finally, (I'm sure it was only like 5 seconds later) I was shot on the top of my head and then on the gun/my hand. I was gone. But it was so much fun!
How to Train Race-Specific for all Terrains
1 year ago








5 comments:
looks like so much fun. makes me miss big family vacations! side note...i LOVE mexican dominoes. we have to play nect time we are all together. i never get to play games anymore cuz taylor hates them. :(
I am so jee-louse! That was a great recap of the weekend! I am so excited that we have a new tradition on the 4th now that St. George has long been out of the picture! Oh yea, I found a paintball place right by our house! We need to check it out!
Ohhh! Yes we do! Then we can get together next year and woop Jesse's butt!
Mandy- Yes, we need to play it! It's one of my new favorites! It's funny, like the week after we were playing, there was a magazine, I don't know which one, but there was an article in there that was talking about all the celebs that were playing it! They say that it's like the new Texas Hold'em! So that makes us awesome. I hate it when people hate games. That's why I never play with my parents, except for my mom on rare occasions. In fact, I don't think that I ever remember playing a game with both my mom and dad because my mom says that my dad always cheats. Luckily my sibs and cousins (except for Tay I guess) love games! So yes, we need to play that one and many more!
Our family is seriously lacking right now. I'm wondering why the family who used to do St. George every single year now doesn't do a thing. Also, side note, Mike was remarking the other day about how he's never seen Taylor/Eliza/Ashley/Me in the same room at one time. I thought about it and um...he's right. Sweet!
Well if we had a bazillion dollar cabin then we could have a new 4th tradition too! I'll have curtis start drawing up some plans for the Oblad Cabin. We just have different things going on in our lives at different times so that makes us not be together at the same time. I did the poor student thing. You were in Washington, now Tay is doing the poor student thing. AND ashley is AGAIN touring the world. It will happen...it's not for not trying though.
Post a Comment