It is common knowledge to the Latter-Day Saint that the number three is significant; 3 members of the Godhead, 3 members to a presidency, Peter denied Christ thrice, out of the mouths of 2 or 3 witnesses, 3 degrees of glory, etc. When it comes to the three, there is usually one that is greater than the other: the President is the head of the presidency, the Celestial Kingdom is the highest of the three glories, and so on. "Ironically," there are also 3 BYU's: BYU Provo, BYU Hawaii, and BYU Idaho.
That being said, there are three separate and distinct degrees to the BYU's. We'll just put BYU Hawaii as the Telestial Kingdom because I've never been there. The Terrestrial Kingdom, of course, belongs to BYU Provo. And without a doubt, the Celestial Kingdom is equal to BYU Idaho.
Here is my reasoning behind the thought process:
- The most obvious is their geographical locations: Hawaii is the lowest in elevation and placement on the globe compared to the three, Provo is in the middle, and Idaho has the highest elevation and placement of the three. Thus, Rexburg, Idaho is closer to God; closer to Kolob if you will.
- BYU Idaho is known to as the "Disciple Training Center". 'Nough said.
- BYU Idaho has the "higher law" compared to the three. In other words, BYU Idaho has the strictest honor code rules (no shorts/capris, no flip-flops, strictly enforced curfews, etc.) Examples:
- When I got my ecclesiastical endorsements to take some BYU-I online classes from my BYU-P ward bishop, my bishop was flabbergasted at how many questions BYU-I asked for an endorsement.
- Sad, but what I see worn to my BYU-P ward would never be permitted in Idaho.
- And I'm pretty sure those peeps in Hawaii are only wearing swim suits...sinners. haha jkjkjk
- And the MOST important thing of all; here is the pivoting factor of why BYU-I is the greatest of the three: BYU-I offers spinning/cycling classes! Duh! It's practically Satan's plan not to offer that amazing class; withholding greatness is what it is. Shame on BYU-P for not offering that class to its students.
- Need I go on?!
|
|
|
Okay. Okay. Okay. That was aaaall a joke. I love all the BYU's; I've had many family members and friends go to BYU-P and it's a great school, one of the best, but BYU-I will always have a special place in my heart.
(I was seriously laughing the whole time I wrote this and I hope it made you giggle a little.) ;)
Hoping your life is glorious!






5 comments:
Love it!!! Hahahaha :)
Ha ha I think you definitely mixed up your order of ranking. Provo will always be #1 in almost everything except for your cycling class ha ha. Funny post!
Lydia, you are so funny! I love it!
Doctrine. Agreed
Laur, nope. Pretty sure you're wrong. P-town may be #1 in sports when it comes to the BYUs, but they are definitely not #1 in most places. Just look at the comment on here...4-1 comments come from BYU-I students. Proves my point. ;) haha
Post a Comment