Monday, August 2, 2010

Boys And Their Not So Silly Thoughts

Okay. Um, I think I may be just a little embarrassed to say this,
but I wrote a song. Well, it's more like I
rewrote the lyrics to a song to fit my liking. Why am I
such a dork?!

While I was at work, my manager
was listening to Pandora and the song
"She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"
came on. When the chorus started going,
I said, "It's more like, "I think his road bike's sexy!!""...
which then made my manager roll her eye so hard she almost fell out
of her seat. So, I decided to rewrite the words to that song
and this is what happened:

(You can either turn to the last song on my playlist and read the
new and improved lyrics along with the music,
play the YouTube karaoke version,
or just read the lyrics. (Remember to pause my playlist
music if you choose one of the last two options.)





Glidin' down the road as the day has just begun
Tires pumped up high and I'm ready for some fun
While wearin' all this spandex you'd think I'd feel quite silly
As I come up to a stoplight I notice to my right
A car full of boys and I smile at the sight
By lookin' at their eye, they ain't lookin' at me

Boys think my road bike's pretty
Their thoughts aren't so wrong
They're always gazing at me
While I'm riddin' along
They say they want one like mine when they grow to do a man
Some even comment on my sweet cyclist's tan
And when I pass those boys my bike buzzes like a bee
Boys think my road bike's pretty

Armstrong is the one to give the best advice
Carbon fiber makes for a large purchase price
Sitting in the saddle for hours can cause a sore bum
Purple is it's color and it makes the boys go wild
That red bike over there now seems oh so mild
They ask me what it weighs and where I got it from

Boys think my road bike's pretty
Their thoughts aren't so wrong
They're always gazing at me
While I'm riddin' along
They say they want one like mine when they grow to do a man
Some even comment on my sweet cyclist's tan
And when I pass those boys my bike buzzes like a bee
Boys think my road bike's pretty

Well these boys aren't into ridiculous trucks
But if it's smooth as Felt, man their eyes light up

Boys think my road bike's
Boys think my road bike's pretty
Their thoughts aren't so wrong
They're always gazing at me
While I'm riddin' along
They say they want one like mine when they grow to do a man
Some even comment on my sweet cyclist's tan
And when I pass those boys my bike buzzes like a bee
Boys think my road bike's pretty
Boys think my road bike's pretty
Boys think my road bike's pretty


Well, there you have it. I hope it made
you chuckle, because I sure had a ball while
writing it. And I might add that yes, boys love my bike.
I've had many-a-boys stop and tell me how pretty my Aubie is
and even if it is purple, they would consider stealing it. (I'm just glad
they didn't.)


(I know, I'm such a weirdo.)

2 comments:

The Cordell Cruiser said...

oh dear

c.j. said...

You're getting me excited to go to Idaho! hahaha Stop it! (actually you have no fault, it's more like I'm just too darn excited to go that anything close to Idaho, farms, a potato, the color red or green [tractor colors, of course] and the like, get me all happy inside) So really, you're not getting me excited at all.

haha Lydia, I think we may be more alike than we ever knew or thought previously before. With this said, i know that there will be no judgement from you on how much I think and have now shared with you via this blog comment section, and also how much I've written.