Story time:
Independents Day weekend Michelle and I decided to go on an "adventure." We planned on going to Driggs, Idaho to "The Spud" drive-in movie theater, sleep at a store parking lot, and then drive to Jackson, Wyoming in the morning. We ended up doing everything we planned except for one major factor: sleeping at a store parking lot. When we actually thought about it, it wasn't the best idea. Reasons being:
- there were a lot of tourists in town - which meant Driggs may not be it's usual quiet town,
- we didn't want someone knocking on my car window and freaking us out in the middle of the night, and
- those parking lot lights are much too bright.
While we were driving to Badger, Michelle had mentioned that had she been with her brothers or dad, she would be comfortable doing anything, and I agreed. It's interesting what the presents of a guy will do for a girl, especially if he's a worthy priesthood holder. Having the knowledge that they hold the powers they do are very reassuring. Even if the guy really can't protect the girl, the knowledge that they are there does something to comfort the girl, it's like that "stereotype": they're strong.
Well, those are some my thoughts on that matter. Changing the subject a little, I liked this quote from my Gospel Principles manual concerning the priesthood and I thought I would share:
"Every man who uses the priesthood in righteousness, he "will find his life sweetened, his discernment sharpened to decide quickly between right and wrong, his feelings tender and compassionate, yet his spirit strong and valiant in defense of right; he will find the priesthood a never failing source of happiness - a well of living water springing up unto eternal life."" - President David O. McKay (emphases added)
What great blessings! And what's even greater is that women can get these same blessings when they are supportive to the men in their priesthood callings. I love this church. :)






1 comment:
i love that. and love you.
can't wait to see your pretty face SOON!
Post a Comment