Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Moses, He Knowses

If you know me, and I bet most of you do, you'll
know that I'm in love with Gene Kelly. Yes, in fact,
his picture is my desktop on my computer and as my
background page on my Twitter account (that I never use.)
He's just so handsome and oh so talented. That of breed of
actor is extinct. They don't come like that anymore.
Gene did it all: sang like a bird, a great actor, and
a most fabulous dancer!!! He could even dance with skates!!
(Check out the link. It really is quite amazing. Not to
mention the song is quite great as well.)

Well, enough about my love for Gene. I'll move on and get to my post. So, when I went up to Rexburg a couple weeks
ago (this happened in correlation with the last post) and
as the class was winding down, Gary was by me and my
friend Jenna and he got all excited. I mean, he was on his
toes, throwing his arms in he air. While he was doing this,
he asked me if I was going to be there for the weekend.
"Nope, I leave tomorrow in the morning. Why?!" "WHAT?!?!?
It's Battle of the Dance!!" Well, I do most of my work
online anyway, but I didn't have multiple changes of
clothes, so I didn't really consider staying that much.
And that was pretty much it for the conversation, for the
most part.

So, we did our usual hang around the studio for another
30+ minutes just talking and playing around. Then as most
of the people were gone, he brought it up again. He then
informed me that he was asked to do a performance for
Battle of the Dance, but he didn't want to do a solo. So
he was wondering if I wanted to do Moses with him. !!!!
What, um, do I really even need to consider this! I'm sure
I lit up! Of course I was going to do it. What I needed
to figure out was, was I going to drive back to Utah for
work in the morning, or was I going to stay up there, go
shopping for clothes, work online at the library, and hope
that Gary was gunna find me a good pair of tap shoes
to dance in.

I made the decision, as crazy as it was, to drive to work
early in the morning, get things ready after work, and
then head back up to Idaho. This way I could get some
hours in at work, not have to spend monies on clothes,
get something together for a costume, and have my own,
professional tap shoes which I love so much. And plus,
I love driving. Gives me time on my own to think and
listen to some great music.

(This picture is for the paragraph below. There needs
to be a break in the text.)


Anyway, Saturday was pretty much amazing. In the morning
I went for a 5 mile run it the semi-misting rain,
and it was beautiful! I ran past the temple, around the
perimeter of some of the campus, to the nature park, and
back to the apartment. One of my favorite runs so far.
It was actually quite relaxing, believe it or not.
(The picture wasn't from the run, it was actually from
one of my trips back to Utah, just needed a picture.)
Then I got ready, got some lunch, and was on my way for
tech rehearsal. Nothin out of the blue, other than having
to now practice on a table, chairs, and a slippery stage.
So Gary and I went and rehearsed for about an hour, had
a break, and then it was show time.

Can I first just tell you how great we looked?! haha Gary's
outfit was beyond amazing!! A total Gene outfit! Like it
was right out of the movie! And mine wasn't that bad
either! Pretty good for just lookin around in my
closet/storage unit! :) So we did one last practice with
our outfits on, and then the show was on. And here you
have it, Ladies and Gentlemen, Gary Larsen and Lydia
Nelson performing Moses Supposes!!!








I can't even begin to tell you how much fun this
was!!!! Oh man, it was such a blast!! Given, I did
mess up a couple times (in my defense, the stage was
slippery and this dance is an energy sucker, even when
it's slowed down at this speed) but I think it turned out
pretty well!! I just wish I didn't mess up on the chair
part! When I jumped back up, I was too close to the front
edge, so I had to jump off quickly before the chair
tipped over, making it not possible for me to execute the
next section. And at the ending, uhhh!! I wish you could
have heard the crowd like we did up on stage! It was SO
loud!! It was awesome!!

Man!! I love that dance!! And I'm grateful for the great
opportunity I was given to perform it with my most
favorite teacha in ze whul vide vurld!! Holla!


A!!!!!!!!!!


Sorry this took me so long to post. I was having problems with the video. I
finally got it working thanks to my fabulous FHE bro. Thanks Carson! Oh,
and for those that wish to see it larger, just let me know and next
time I see you, I'll show it to you! :D

3 comments:

tacy said...

It is about time you posted this Lyd! This dance was AMAZING! I had been waiting since last semester to see this dance and I was all sad cause I thought i wasn't!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! RIGHT NOW AS I'M TYPING THIS THEY ARE DOING A DANCE TO MOSES ON SYTYCD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it wasn't as good as yours)
Ok.... that said, you dance was amazing! Everyone loved it!!

Bree :--) said...

Oh how I love that!! It's about time I get to "see" you dance! I so wish I could've been there, how fun. I love that you have such a passion for dancing. I need to find something like this in my life...for sure not dancing, though! I'll leave that to you:). Can't wait to hang out at the cabin. See you soon.

Lyd said...

Thanks Tace! I was so excited that I got to perform it for you so you could finally see what I was so obsessed about!! haha (And I still need to finish that SYTYCD episode. That will be tomorrow.) :)

haha I'll have to show you my collegiate dance show once I get it. :) The cabin's gunna be awesome! P.S. you're going paintballing. ;)