Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood
and probably themselves will not be realized. Make big plans; aim
high in hope and work, remembering that a noble, logical diagram
once recorded will never die, but long after we are gone will be a
living thing, asserting itself with ever-growing insistency.
Remember that our sons (daughters) and grandsons
(granddaughters) are going to do things that would stagger us.
Let your watchword be order and your beacon beauty.
Thing big.
Daniel Burnham
and probably themselves will not be realized. Make big plans; aim
high in hope and work, remembering that a noble, logical diagram
once recorded will never die, but long after we are gone will be a
living thing, asserting itself with ever-growing insistency.
Remember that our sons (daughters) and grandsons
(granddaughters) are going to do things that would stagger us.
Let your watchword be order and your beacon beauty.
Thing big.
Daniel Burnham
And speaking of goals...so I just started running, as of last night, and I LOVE it! I think the whole running the mile in middle school left its mark on me. I was never the first, but closer to the lasts. I don't know why I never gave it another shot, because I think it is actually fun! Maybe it's because I'm doing it for a reason, but who knows. Anyway, my first time running for YEARS, I ran 1.5 miles!! And I could have kept going!! :D So we'll see what happens within the next couple weeks!
Loves!








10 comments:
woot woot! Good quote. Now I know why you wanted the opinion on the picture. I wish I loved running...
;) haha yup yup! But I wish I loved painting rocks as much as you do! ;D hehe
Go Lydia!! That is awesome!! ha ha I hope you are not running in that freezing weather up there! And I love your quote too
No. Never. That's what treadmills and inside tracks are for!! haha I won't be running outside for a good 2 months!
That really is a great quote.
I really need to try running. Running it the cold scares me. So does my crap knee. I am sure a band will help that, but I know running on a treadmill sounds pretty crappy. Hence the reason I haven't worked out in a year. I am getting back in the game...next week. HA
haha Nice. Welp, if the treadmill is a no go/or your knee...then you should just get on the bike!! :D
that is so awesome! thanks for that and good job running!
um i love art deco. a lot...the end.
Me azwul.
When I try to comment on your blog, my dang cumputer freezes up on me. But this time I waited . . . and came back and walah! Anyways, good goals! I need to kick it up. Love you
Post a Comment