Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One Eternal Round

Proof that golf courses will exist in Heaven:




D&C 3:2
"For God doth not walk in crooked paths, neither doth He
turn to the right hand nor the left, neither doth
He vary from that which He hath said,
therefore, His paths are straight and
His course is one eternal round.


Story of President Heber J. Grant 
and 
President Joseph F. Smith

When [Heber] went to Joseph F. Smith’s office, he learned that President 
Smith was golfing. Heber felt that the business at hand 
could not wait until  Joseph F. Smith returned to the Church 
headquarters, so he decided to track him down  at the golf course
When Heber arrived, President Smith sensed that he was upset. 


“Heber, your are tense and overworked,” he said. 
“You should learn to play this game.”

He was stunned by the suggestion—there was simply too much 
work and already not enough time to complete it. 
President Smith continued, 


“Many times I, myself, get overworked, weary and so tense I can 
accomplish but little. So I drop everything 
and come play golf.” 


He tried to reassure Heber that in the end he was more productive


“There is something about hits game that relaxes me and causes me to 
forget my anxieties.  When I get back to the office I can accomplish more
in a few hours than I could in days when I am so tense.”

Heber refuse the offer. . . . Joseph F. Smith spoke with 
presidential authority: 


“Heber, I command you to take that club and play out this round with me.”

He [Heber] then related: 


“I took to playing golf and learned that President Smith was right. 
Nothing I can do relaxes me half a much as two hours on the 
golf course. I can return to the office and unravel problems that 
seemed unsolvable when I was tired and tense.”


I think I have proven my case.
My Grandma and uncle are going to LOVE this when I tell
them about it! :)

3 comments:

Alli Easley said...

Barbara is going to pass out.

Audrey said...

Oh my dad will L.O.V.E. this. Thank you for finding this. ;]

tacy said...

haha! I love it! Where did you find this story?