Please turn on your sound and turn it up! DO NOT look what song it is, just listen for the first 8 words (those are the most important), and then you can read my post.
Sound the trumpets! You've guessed it right! This is the big "secret" I was talking about a couple months ago; I'm going on a mission!! Yeah yeah!! I started my papers yesterday and man, I can't hold it in any longer! I'm SO so excited!! Hey, I even got my dental papers signed off today, that's how excited I am!
So here's the deal/story: I wasn't originally planning on going on a mission, just putting myself in a position where I could teach/influence others. Almost a year ago, I felt prompted that I needed to move to a place where I could have an influence upon others around me. I knew this was something I needed to do because it is specifically mentioned in my Patriarchal Blessing. Yes, I can have an influence upon people in Utah, or even Arizona for that matter, but I felt I needed an extreme change. So Georgia and Virginia were the specific states that came to mind. I had decided in June/July that Virgina was the place. Turns out, (which confirmed my prayers and ponderings) that the only schools that offer Athletic Training as a master's program were all in the east and Virgina happened to be 1 of the 9 states in the US that offers this program. (Georgia, sadly, was not one of them, but then again, this was another confirmation.)
I had it all planned out; I would finish my prerequisites at UVU in April and hopefully finish my clinical hours in about June. Once those were finished, I would move to Richmond, VA (or somewhere in that area), find a job, and study for and take the GRE. I would then apply to the given schools in January and go from there. Sounds pretty legit, right? Welp, that's not how things work; when you think you have the perfect plan, Heavenly Father tends to stick His foot in the door and introduce something different, which always is the better plan.
Moving to VA was the only thing I thought about until November and that's where my thoughts changed; thoughts of a mission were introduced. It only made sense; moving away from home, putting myself in a situation to teach/influence others, wanting to grow form different experiences; duh.
To sum it up quickly, Virginia has been in the back of my mind and a mission has been at the forefront for the past few months. It's been glorious!! And it's perfect timing! I'll be done with school and in a place where I can leave my schooling without any trouble. I've gone through certain experiences I needed to to get me to the place I am now. Yeah, I may be a little older, but that's not a big deal. Only good things will come from serving and really, it's not about me, it's about bringing my brothers and sisters into the Savior's fold.
YAY!! I'm so excited!! I can finally come right out and say, "I'M GOING ON A MISSION!!!!!"
I'll keep everyone updated. I'll even post something where you can guess where I'll be going to make things fun...but that won't be for another month or so. :)
Smiling...and I hope you are too.
How to Train Race-Specific for all Terrains
1 year ago






16 comments:
Yay! Thats so exciting! And I never knew that you were wanting to become an athletic trainer! Thats what I want to do! Good luck with everything! :)
Dang, I'm sooo excited for you!! What if you go to Virginia on your mission?? Now that would be awesome! I'll gladly be coming to pick you up;). I cannot wait. How did it feel to finally go to the dentist?? Any cavities?!?
Thanks Maranda! Yup! It was either Athletic Training or Physical Therapy and AT is more fitting to what I want to do. Are you planning on getting a masters or a bachelors?
Bree, if that happened, that would be personal revelation to the max! haha And yes, I have thought of that happening. :) The dentist was amazing. ZERO cavities. And get this, it was all FREE!! I didn't pay a penny! BLESSINGS!!! :D
Yay! Lydia, you'll be so great!!! That is awesome news, and yes, I'm blog stalking you! :)
Lydia that is AWESOME! I am SO EXCITED for you!!! WOO-HOO!!!!
the world will be blessed to have you out there, spreading your absolutely contagious and fabulous optimism and testimony. i love you dude. i really do. i know i havent seen you since we were like....laurels lol but YOU INSPIRE ME. GO LYDIA!!!!!!
Bing! That is the sound my smile is making! I cannot even relay how excited we are for you. I think we knew before you did that you were going. It is funny to see the process someone is going through and the moment they finally figure out what they are supposed to do. I think we all saw the light bulb turn on over your head. It was fun. It IS fun!
Top priority when you don't have a doctor's appt: finding the cutest comfortable sister missionary shoes you can! Hahaha!
We love you!
You're gonna be a great missionary! It's funny how sometimes you have to go through things to prepare us for what's ahead. Like, us moving 8 times in 5 years, lol. Heavenly Father has the better plan for all of us! I think you're going to go to somewhere in Africa. Or maybe Chile. Or maybe NYC. You'll be great anywhere!
Well I would really like to get into BYU where they have the bachelors program, but if I can't then I will have to go the masters route... Maybe you'll get sent to West Virginia! I have two of my friends serving there and if you got sent there, I'd have three! :)
Jackie, haha I love blog stalkers! You should leave comments more often. ;)
Thanks Tace!
Thank you so much Megan! That is seriously so nice of you! I love you too! Next time I come to St. George, we should totally go to lunch or something.
Kissy, I've already been told about some cute shoes that I need to get; I'll have to check them out. AND I need to find some more skirts. We need to go shopping when you come up.
haha Rika, I totally agree. And all those places sound fabulous! :D
Maranda, that sounds super saweet! You'll have to let me know what you end up doing. Depending on when I leave and if your bike is in good condition, we need to go on some rides! Seriously!
lunch would be fabulous!! the boys and i are always here, just hangin out, and you are welcome anytime! i know youre a busy lady, but we would love to see you!
If I have a little extra time while I'm on my way to Vegas (whenever that will be next), I'll totally let you know!
How exciting Lydia! Who knows, maybe you'll be called to Virginia and I can see you!
McRae!!! I didn't know you guys moved to VA!!! That just made me super excited! If I don't go there, but I move there when I get back, (if you are still in VA) we will be seeing each other. How have you been?!
Yes we moved here in August. Travis is going to Southern Virginia University. We love it here! It's beautiful! Most definitely we will be seeing each other if we're still here! You are welcome anytime!
YAY!!! :D
Post a Comment