Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fear Ye Not...Maybe


While I was at work I decided I needed to face something I was "afraid" of:


SPIDERS

They are yucky and I'd rather have nothing to do with
them.  Normally I would have gotten someone
else to kill it, but I decided, "No!  I'm going to kill it!  I can't
live in "fear" my whole life!"  So I got a cardboard box and tried flinging
it off the stairs to the floor where I would then smash it.

It didn't quite work as planned because it kept crawling in a corner
and I couldn't get it.  Then I started commenting on how
big its bum was and then I started sharing stories about
how I had heard of people smashing spiders
only to have babies fly everywhere.
Sooooo, I decided not to kill it.

I got myself a big strong man, my boss, Nate, and told
him where this nasty "little" bugger was.  I thought he
was going to smash it with his foot, but NOOO he
thought grabbing it with paper towels would be the best
option.  He found it, squeezed it, it fell out of the paper
towel, and BABIES, BABIES flew EVERYWHERE!!




Little tiny babies littered the floor.  The life was literally
stomped out of them after seconds of being
born...and then their mamma was killed and flushed
just as soon.

My case and point, I am glad I didn't try and 
overcome my fear that day, otherwise my life would have
been completely ruined.  Had I attempted this, I
would have had to permanently wait for a boyfriend/fiance/husband,
a dad, brother, boss, or neighbor to come and kill that rancid arachnid.

Until next time...when it doesn't have babies...
then I shall be a spider killer.

I'll just stick to being the work fly killer.

2 comments:

Bree :--) said...

S.I.C.K. That's all I have to say.

Sarah said...

I HATE bugs. Seriously. I cannot "kill" them myself either. I will spray the life out of them with bug spray and then vacuum them up. Makes me shudder just to think of it.