
The book begins by addressing the world's thoughts on Eve, which of course are outstandingly negative. Sister Campbell then addresses different aspects of Adam and Eve's lives that show they was foreordained to do the things they must to activate our Father's plan. She, with the help of many others, brings to light that Eve in fact did what she must; "Her act, whatever its nature, was formally a transgression but eternally a glorious necessity to open the doorway toward eternal life."
Some of the questions she asks and clarifies are: "What does the name Eve mean?" "Why was Eve allowed the privilege of triggering the Fall, when Adan, who held the priesthood, was the presiding high priest?" and "Is it possible that a corrected understanding of Mother Eve and the Garden story is part of the restoration of all things?"
Here are two great quotes from the book:
"Your potential is limitless. You are daughters [and sons] of God, endowed by inheritance with marvelous gifts and immeasurable potential. Accept the challenge. Go forward with confidence."
- President Hinckley
"The promise given to each of us and reinforced by the story of the Garden of Eden is that if we will ask and open our ears to hear, God will counsel and bless and see us safely and joyfully through this time of mortality. We must courageously seek truth and act on it, whatever the cost, for that is our foreordained mission."
- President Hinckley
"The promise given to each of us and reinforced by the story of the Garden of Eden is that if we will ask and open our ears to hear, God will counsel and bless and see us safely and joyfully through this time of mortality. We must courageously seek truth and act on it, whatever the cost, for that is our foreordained mission."
This book is great for everyone. For the women, it reveals how much our Father really does love and respect you. For the men, it shows how great a blessing it is for you to have the holy gift of the priesthood. It is a definite testimony builder.
Please, let me know what some of your favorite books are! I have a couple more I need to read, but I would like to know of ones you love so I can read those as well.
To my brother, thank you for giving me this book. It's probably one my favorite presents I have been given. I really do love it, a lot. I love you.






7 comments:
I was so excited when I saw the book cover you posted! I love this book so much. I read it a year or so ago and fell in love. I have so much highlighted in it. I love so much of what she says, and the poem she wrote about women standing. Love it. Another great book I can't get enough of is "No Doubt About It" by Sheri Dew. Definitely worth reading.
I'll have to look into it! When you ask for favorite books you do mean spiritual right? If so...Hmmm... I can't pick a favorite at the moment but I can for sure get back to you.
Yay!! I am so happy that you love it! Ryan and I were trying to decide on one that would be the best and he chose that one. You are awesome Lydia, I love all of your posts like this! I need to read some of these books too... Once this semester is over. Ugh.
Tace, you're not constrained to only one book, please share any that come to mind.
And of course I love you as well Lauren! :D What was the other book you guys were considering?!
One of the best church books I've read is Putting on the Armor of God. IT's at Deseret Book online, and it's got a green cover. It has so many cool insights, I think about it all the time.
I'll have to check out this book you read. Sounds refreshing.
My Bishop just gave me a bood to read...The Peacegiver...I haven't started it yet, but I told my mom and she said she has read it and LOVED it...
Sweet!! Thanks Katy! I'll have to look into it!
Post a Comment