Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Real Quick, Fo Reals

George Nelson


This is really quick. I'm working on some homework and while I was looking up some information on one of the designers (as seen above,) I found this little quote:

"What is the crowning glory of your civilization... the symbol as clear a statement as the pyramids, the Parthenon, the cathedrals? What is this symbol? What is its name? Its name is Junk. Junk is the rusty, lovely, brilliant symbol of the dying years of your time. Junk is your ultimate landscape."
- George Nelson

So what are you gunna do about this one Kj? You don't have any junk! haha ;)

Here is George Nelson. I know you will recognize his pieces when you see them. SO iconic!! I love him and and I wish we were related! :D haha He's so fun!

The Ball Clock


The Coconut Chair


The Marshmallow Sofa

5 comments:

tacy said...

Are you sure it's not a MASHmallow sofa?

Lyd said...

wah wah wah haha

Ashley O said...

the monster MASHmallow sofa?

-KJ said...

What will I do you ask? DISAGREE!!! However, I love his work! Very whimsical.

Lyd said...

hahaha