Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ur So Gay and You Don't Even Like Boys

Yeah, so call me a liar. I said that I would update after work on Friday....and now it's Tuesday. I know. :) OH, and is my background working?! Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I think I may have figured it out.





Anyway. So Thursday; the big auction! It was SO much fun! I really had a good time. The environment was just so up and hoppin that you couldn't help yourself to not have some type of fun. For this auction, my job was registration. That went really well. I actually had a few people come up with stacks of $10,000 is cash!! haha So I had to do a "quick" count of those. Good thing I'm from Vegas. haha Then when the auction started, Lauren and I were the "Runners," I guess you could call us that. We would get the info and check (they need to give $10,000 for every property that they win) from the Bid Assistants that they got from the high bidders and then we would take that to another person who would then file that away. (I wonder how much money went threw my hands that day! Too much for me to recollect. If only I could have stuffed all that in my pockets...even though I didn't have any at the moment.) ;) Here's where the fun starts. And Liza, you can now rest your imagination. SO! I think we got up to about the 8th property or so running really smooth, and then, for me, I thought I was gunna rip some of my hair out!! One of the "Bid Assistants," Stew, was "doing" his job at "helping" the bidders by getting Uncle E's attention to know whether the bidders were in or out. Then once the bidder became the High Bid and won the property, instead of going over to them and getting their information, he would just leave them, and this made me not able to do my job. So I would go to Ryan after the next property was won and have him get the information. Soon enough, I had 4 wins on my side (Lauren and I split the room in half) and non of them had their information taken!! So I had to get some of the Bid Assistant's papers from Ryan (he was busy with the other bids that were going on) so I just got the info from them myself. I got two really easy, but there was this one jerk of an old man that wouldn't give me his signatures or checks. He would walk out of the room with his son, so I would follow them and I told them that they "couldn't leave until I got their signatures are checks." (I was very nice about it.) So the son said that they weren't leaving and that his dad was just talking to his partner about some other lots that they had their eyes on. So I let that be and went on with my job. About 10 minutes goes by, they're back in their seats again, acting like nothing is up. In the meantime I asked what I would do and I was told that I needed to tell them that I needed those checks...and I'm not sure if I understood what he (Keith, the guy that was filing the info) said, but I added to my shpeal. Here it goes:




I went back up to the old fart, in between bids mind you, (this is MORE than enough time to get everything I needed. 4 signatures; 2 on the info sheets and 2 on the checks (he won 2 properties.)) So I told him that I needed his checks and a few signatures. He didn't want to do it and said that he needed to pay attention to the bidding and that he was still planning on bidding so he didn't want to give up the checks. Now is where I started to get a little feisty/sassy/pissed. I had been dealing with this jerk for about 20+ minutes and he wasn't listening. So, as calmly as I could I explained again, that I needed one check for EVERY property that he won. Even if he was still bidding, I would need to get checks from him either way. So then he kept himming and hawing and trying not to pay attention to me, so then I had had it. I got a little closer and then proceeded to tell him, "Well, if you don't give me your checks, then we will have to put your properties back on auction." That got his attention right away. He was still acting like the biggest jerk, but I got him to sign the information cards before he turned his back to me. By this time, the next auction was on its way, but he wasn't going to bid until the lots came up, and the wasn't for another 3 or so auctions. Sooooo, I stayed at his shoulder and told him that I needed him to sign the check. He was on fire!! Really, I thought that he might even consider punching me or something. He was a little scary. So then he told me that he was gunna tell on me?! WTF man?! Tell on me to my uncle, aunts, siblings, and cousins?! I don't think that you'll get to far with that. Anyway, I just told him that I was doing my job and that I needed those checks. So he took them out, signed them, and then threw everything in my face. I recall myself picking everything thing up off the floor, along with his stuff that he dropped, gave everything of his back to him nicely, and then walked away saying "oh my hell" under my breath. Not loud enough for him to hear of course. ;)




So there you have it. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Oh, so Ryan got a call as I was writing this and guess who it was from!?!?! That crazy guy!!! haha Ryan was talkin to him about them (Uncle E, Eric, and Ryan) meeting with the bank tomorrow and wanting to check on prices. ANYWAY, the guy was just sayin, "And there was this girl that was trying to take my checks!" So then Ryan told him that that's what I was supposed to do. So the guy started to read the Terms and Conditions thing to prove Ryan wrong or something...but he just stopped in his tracks when he was reading that I was doing what I needed to. Then he said something about me telling him that we were gunna put his properties back on auction, so Ryan just told him that I was just stating that because I needed his checks then!! HAHA Stupid idiot!


Next story.

This weekend I went boating for my roommate (from school, not at the moment roommate) Madi's late B-day. It was loads of fun. Got a little bit of a tan, but not too much. What is that about?! It was almost 90 degrees and I was only wearing 8 SPF for about 4 hours of the 6 that we were out there?! But I got a little burn on my knees/lower thighs. Next time I need to burn so it will really turn into a tan! :) Anyway, we went tubing at the end and it was a blast. I'll just post some pics and shut up.




















Oh and GO CELTICS!!!! Hip hip on the win!!! :D sorry Tay!

UPDATE:

Here is that link to that blog article that was posted about the auction with all the prices. Enjoy. :)

10 comments:

Alli Easley said...

Oh my goodness what a rude old fart! Holf F! I swear, some people are just out of control. Good for you, sticking to your position. You didn't give up, and that's what I like to hear now... ;)

Oh and I wanna go tubing DANG FLINGIT!!!!!!

Lyd said...

Oh my crap. You made my night even better for saying Holf F!!! hahaha

I think that my Kj side is comin out!!! :D

Eliza said...

Thank you for letting my brain have a rest from all that imagining.

What a rude old fart is RIGHT! I seriously might have done a karate chop to the larynx or a double eye poke and scratch out.

AND boating.... where did you go? I need some color on my legs real bad.

Lyd said...

Yeah! I need some color on my legs as well!! I swear that I did't get anything!! Next time I'm not putting anything on!! Well...maybe some 8, but that shall be it. And we went to Utah lake.

Andy said...

And that's why I don't like rest homes, haha. Ok, not all old people are rude, but a lot of them are haha. Good job not punchin' that guy though, probably wouldn't have been good for business haha

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS PRETTY INTENSE WITH THE OLD MAN I WOULD HAVE BEEN PRETTY STEAMED AND SERIOUSLY THOUGHT ABOUT YELLING AND COPING AN ATTUIDE!

AND I LOVE THE LAKE I CANT WAIT TO GO THIS YEAR TUBING IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE! I CAN HANG ON THAT THING ALL DAY LONG.

NEXT TIME YOU ARE DOWN HERE WE HAVE TO DO A GIRLS NIGHT FOR SURE! ALL OF US ARE STILL HERE EXCEPT YOU AND GENIE SO IT WILL BE EASY, AND SO MUCH FUN! MAYBE HIT UP A WENDYS AND THEN GO TO THE DOG GROOMING PLACE.

Lyd said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh my crap Jordan! I almost forgot about that! Man, we for sure have to do that! That would be hilarious!!!

tacy said...

Lyd I'm so jealous that you got to be feisty with a "customer". That is what I miss about working for my mom, getting to say "well that is our policy so I'm sorry you can't have it..." or something like that. I love being feisty with people when I know in the end I'M going to win no matter what.
And I'm sad I had to miss Madi's late b-day, it looked like freakin fun.

aubrey. said...

you are pretty. and i loved your swimsuit today and i was distracted so i never told you that, but i was thinking it!
:)

Lyd said...

Tacy - I know right! I love being feisty! haha People wouldn't guess it coming from me, but oh how I love it! haha It runs in the family...on both sides! And we totally need to come up there before the semester is over! I need to see your face! :D

Aubs - Spanks!! I know! It's ma new fave! I have been tryin to find a cute one forever and I finally found it! :D You're coming back up to Utah later in the summer aren't you? We need to do something.